OzzyGaming
Boss

Remove/Keep FiveM OOC Chat

+1 would like to see OOC be removed in-game but perhaps relocated elsewhere such as a discord channel or introduce a way to toggle twt, ads, ooc? Don't toggle staff announcements so people can still see when they're being summoned by the lords.

If OOC were kept in-game have a slow mode over say 30s - 1 minute per new message?

Edited by CubixNZ

I think it's a good thing to keep around because it allows people who are unsure of something to ask ingame instead of having to go to either discord or TS. An example would be a newer player asking what key to do something that might not be obvious.

I think OOC should be removed. Whilst sometimes it can be used for good, such as a new player asking questions, it seems that the majority of the messages coming through are either complaining, beefing, or players using OOC where twitter should be used. Questions and similar appropriate messages can take place in discord. It clutters the HUD, with chat updating constantly because of it. Really no need for it beyond adding the slightest convenience of not needing to ALT + TAB to send a message.

Edited by Kraze

I get the idea, but I think it would be more suitable to possibly have some more rules put out against it? Maybe only for stuff that is super relevant to what they're doing? We just need to stop people from whining in it instead of going to HD.

Edit: -1 from me

Edited by Tawtis

It's easy and convenient for people who have been around a long time to not want ooc anymore, but for players in their first week ooc is needed for quick solutions on genuine questions, having to go to TS or dischord just for something basic like flipping your car/transferring ect will be very discouraging and frustrating for new players, ooc is often used for players to help other players so admins don't have to waste their time, a slow mode or punishment for not using ooc correctly like suggested above seems like a much more suitable option :)

Leaning more towards a no. Yes, OOC can feel like you might catch a disease from it but it is often used for actual questions that need answers which might not be at the level for a HD visit but urgent/important enough that it is ideal to have it answered sooner rather than later. Yes, discord exists, but genuine questions on things can sometimes take ages to be answered, which isn't the end of the world but that's when OOC in-game can help, especially to help give new players an understanding even after reading the rules.

Just immediately mute those actually using OOC incorrectly and move on, because there is just as much nonsense in Twitter as well and those who use OOC incorrectly will just move to twitter at which stage you are back to square one.

In regards to twitter, Should add a twitter app on the phone If possible. It would be alot better imo rather than seeing it on the persons hud and more immersive rp

Edited by cup

6 minutes ago, cup said:

In regards to twitter, Should add a twitter app on the phone If possible. It would be alot better imo rather than seeing it on the persons hud and more immersive rp

yeah but then lets be realistic, how many times are you actually gonna check it

Maybe change OOC to a question channel? As far I'm seeing the OOC channel is full with questions.

and arguments...

or maybe add a slowmode like discord

Edited by LiZi606

Remove OOC, update the new player start guide and implement it into the server as a web-link like the stuff on the old tablet.

There is something to be said for OOC's usefulness but in my almost two years of playing on the server I've mostly seen it used for complaining, abusing other players and staff and for asking questions which could easily be answered in character through twitter or on the discord. All we really need is to implement the new player guide into the server itself via a web-link or something so that most of the player's questions are answered without having to go to the forums or use discord.

Edited by A Disappointment