OzzyGaming
Boss

Remove/Keep FiveM OOC Chat

Imo, removing it would be best as you would be able to see ads and tweets longer and people are constantly starting beef in ooc. If people have questions they can always ask in discord, just my 2 cents

OOC chat is useful, Yes it has its ability to be exploited, But everything does. it can allow for quick fixes in roleplay situations and for questions. And with how staff and ems use ooc anyway, it isn't. I would recommend maybe a script to hide certain chat channels. And not just the entire chat. This would allow the people who want to see OOC to see it and the ones who don't won't have to.

I would love to see less OOC but with the amount of new people playing everyday and people that don't play often that have questions it might be hard for them to learn the ropes. I get asked OOC questions almost every shift as an EMS. its not a huge deal for me.

But for the angry power gamers that just like to go off on a rant and cant stay in character because of whatever anger issues they have, I'd like to see that sort of OOC stop

I believe that the OOC feature plays a large role in the server, however, it can be countermeasure if it were to be taken away. In regards to staff holding the necessity to talk to people directly about their issues, there are many ways to implement a 'Private Message' feature into the staff permissions, even implementing it so that once. report has been made through /report or INSERT a member of staff are able to discuss the issue with a private message, to respond the player could do something like '/PM' or '/DM'. In regards to players unnecessarily chatting over OOC, the official Ozzy gaming discord general chat can be used for that... no need to do it when people have important concerns. Although, the OOC feature is also consumed with questions regarding In Character situations or commands, possibly adding a 'help' tab on the loading screen subtly with lists of the primary commands and key binds to assist the new players to FiveM or Ozzy. :)

Edited by robertqf

-1 I think ooc should stay. Personally as a newbie I utilized ooc to get quick responses about things like controls, and things I needed a quick response for. I know people who are in the city who cannot handle running more than just the client, so it is slightly unrealistic for them to quit the game to open discord/ts. It is a great resource when used correctly. I think maybe highlighting the fact it can be hidden, and really highlighting the rules of "/ooc" would be a good next step!