OzzyGaming
Molotov

New punishment process and requirements for staff

• Executive

New punishment process and requirements for staff
These take effect today (22/03/20) as of this post being made.

It has come to Managements attention that we have some recurring issues with players on the server. To address this, we are issuing the following instructions to our staff. This is predominately for our FiveM server but applies in principle to all our services. We have seen a small section of the community which have pages of warnings and far too many temporary bans, we do not appreciate people who keep flaunting the system so this is aimed to address this. We would rather have 50 solid players than 100 legion square trolls.

All staff must refer to the bans and warnings of players before a decision on punishment is made - this has always been the case but we will be scrutinising this closely.
All bans will now escalate in duration and they will not be shorter than the longest recent ban.
Recent ban and recent warning will now apply to all within 3 months.

Bans will only be issued with the following durations:

• 6 hours (Minimum - first ban)
  • 12 hours
  • 1 day
  • 3 days
  • 1 week (Minimum - second ban)
  • 2 weeks
  • 1 month (Minimum - third ban)
  • 3 months
  • Permanent

- A maximum of 3 temporary bans will be placed (within 3 months) before the player is considered on final warning.
- Players on final warning will now extend to any player with a recent ban of a month or longer.
- Any player who breaches a final warning will receive a permanent ban.
- Temporary bans are to be a minimum of double the last recent ban.
- All permanent bans appeals must have manager+ approval to reduce to temporary.
- Minor breaches will result in a warning, a second warning may be granted in exceptionally minor infractions - instead of a third warning a ban will be issued.
- All warnings/bans will be considered universal to an account (i.e. they are no longer rule dependent)
- Ban appeals of low quality or effort will now be automatically denied - no further information or questions are required.
- Three consecutive failed ban appeals will result in a forum ban (no further appeals) unless specifically instructed otherwise by a manager+.

Finally, any variation to the above must be authorised by a manager+ and this will be added to the players notes for future reference.

This may seem an overly harsh line by the staff team but there are plenty of opportunities for players to improve before facing significant punishments. We will also be using this as an opportunity to crack down on the quality of roleplay (not to be confused with requiring hardcore roleplay - we do not require hyper-realism).

We have decided to release this information for the community and not just our staff team in an effort to smooth the transition - and not put the onus solely on our staff team. You may now consider yourself forewarned.

This should encourage those of you who do silly things because you are 'bored' to behave with the other players around you in mind you are ruining their roleplay and that isn't acceptable. We are still a welcoming community for newcomers but a certain minimum level of respect for others and our server needs to be maintained.

We will also be introducing a few more initiatives to try and improve the experience for new players without negatively effecting the more experienced players. Further information to come soon on that.

Regards,
Molotov
On behalf of the OzzyGaming Management team.

Edited by Danmct
  • Like 4
  • ree 1
  • thumbsup 11

Does this mean someone like me who was permad without any previous warnings or bans is now considered permanently on final warning?
to be fair i still believe my ban was unjust but its been sorted and im on probation.

• Executive
1 hour ago, Vormundis said:

Does this mean someone like me who was permad without any previous warnings or bans is now considered permanently on final warning?
to be fair i still believe my ban was unjust but its been sorted and im on probation.

Please reread my post, no one is permanently on final warning.

On 6/23/2020 at 7:27 AM, Garry Puff said:

Can bans/warns be removed after a certain amount of time? or are they stuck there

No. Any warning or ban placed will always be logged.

• thumbsup 1