Plaintiff Name
Heda Langley (AKA Rosie Langley)
----------------------
Defendant Name
New South Wales Police Department
----------------------
Claim
My client provides instructions as follows:

- On or about 10 & 11 September 2021, the Major Crimes Division ("MCD") of the New South Wales Police Department ("NSWPD") conducted a raid at the apartment owned by Mrs Heda Langley at postcode 627
- The MCD provided circumstantial evidence (which contained personal financial records with NO transaction details) to the Court. Mrs Langley states that she has never been involved in weapons trafficking, and there is no physical evidence connecting her to this crime.
- In excess of $1,000,000 of items were removed from the apartment by the MCD during the raid
- A subsequent investigation ensued, and the MCD could not substantiate any charges against Mrs Langley, as the evidence used to obtain the Search and Seizure Warrant was circumstantial (I refer to the appeal of Pitt Langley v NSPWD 29/09/2021). The Search Warrant signed off by Judge Masters was later voided. On appeal, it was found that Judge Masters' Warrant was issued in error, and Mr Pitt Langley's convictions were overturned. It is my client's position that the Search and Seizure Warrant issued by Judge Masters which resulted in the subsequent raid on her apartment should also be voided, as she wishes to dispute the evidence used to obtain the search warrant.
- My client instructs that MCD and the NSWPD decided not to pursue the investigation following the successful appeal of Mr Pitt Langley. My client is seeking for the Court to overturn the Warrant issued by Judge Masters, based on the provisions of Langley v NSWPD. My client seeks financial compensation of all items removed from her apartment as a result of the MCD raids. My client also seeks financial compensation for loss of business and Court legal fees.

If it pleases the Court, my is seeking approval by the Court for this appeal to waive the jurisdictional limit due to the absence of legal counsel in the City over the past three months. My client's previous Legal Counsel has not been available since before Mrs Langley was advised by NSWPD that the case would not be pursued. This conversation happened on 29/09/2021 at the Hearing of Pitt Langley, where members of the NSWPD advised Mrs Langley that her case would not be pursued any further. Previous Counsel has not listed any new cases for review after this date, and has not been able to be contacted.

Heda Langley also seeks permission to remove the jurisdictional damages limit which exists for this type of case, which would be $1,000,000. Mrs Langley has suffered pure financial loss which well exceeds ,000,000. Personal belongings removed from her apartment during the raid on her apartment well exceed $6,000,000.

If the Court approves the motions set out above, my client seeks the following:
- Expungement of Court or PD records relating to this incident
- Reimbursement of the items taken from her apartment, or compensation in the amount of $6,000,000 (value of items)
- $500,000 compensation for lost income due to reputational damage suffered, Court appearances, interview appearances and legal fees

My client is seeking to be placed back in the position she was before the MCD raided her apartment and took her belongings. As there was no basis for the Warrant, and the Court of Appeal found that the Warrant for Pitt Langley was issued in error, my client ought to be provided with financial relief.

Olivia (Libby) Moretti-Capone
Barrister - Department of Justice
----------------------
Do you confirm all information provided is the truth to the best of your knowledge?
Yes

Edited by TianiBee
Items missing

Good Afternoon all,

The DOJ has approved the hearing of this appeal.
Appeal date has been laid down for Wednesday the 19th of January 2022 at 20:00 AEST

The Judges/Justices presiding will be as follows;
Justice Morgan Freeman

If the event the Judge cannot make the appeal Justice Evan will sit in absence.

Matter of Heda LANGLEY VS NSWPF

A full witness list that either party wishes to call on the day of appeal must be provided to Justice Freeman by Wednesday the 19th of January 2022 at 15:00 AEST
Any evidence provided beyond the above date will NOT be heard on the day of the appeal.

Regards,