[Community Poll] Crosshairs for Cops - Round 2! (Not clickbait!)  

196 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. What should OzzyGaming do regarding Crosshairs in FiveM?

• Only police should have them
    • Everyone should have them
    • No one should have them
    • I don't care and am willing to throw my opinion away but want to feel included

My vote is for no crosshairs for anyone it would be better if we could make a game mechanic where if we aim in we go first person or something it would really make gun fights more fair on both ends i feel like giving  a crosshair to everyone will just increase people wanting to do hostile RP.

Edited by Kawzh

2 hours ago, Kawzh said:

My vote is for no crosshairs for anyone it would be better if we could make a game mechanic where if we aim in we go first person or something it would really make gun fights more fair on both ends i feel like giving  a crosshair to everyone will just increase people wanting to do hostile RP.

Honestly, If that was possible i'm 100% for that... In saying that i believe voting for no one to have crosshairs is just giving people that use crosshairs via bluetack or third party programs the advantage. If people are going to vote for no crosshairs they need to vote for everyone to have crosshairs... As either everyone is going to have crosshairs or people with 3PP or bluetack are going to have crosshair. The only way to make this fair is for everyone to have an even playing field, in saying that. Shooting someone for the hell of it will be dealt with at the harshest punishment from now on, so anything trivial will be punished.

My 2c is only police should get crosshairs due to the fact they are more advanced in firearms training (or possibly just SRT). Would also be cool if civilians could undergo some kind of training that could grant them a crosshair?? this is a non thought through idea and just my opinion

5 hours ago, Kawzh said:

Yeh that would be really good becoz you will have to use the iron sigts or scopes and crosshairs make little different

I Honestly Think We Should just add Cross hair for both due to the fact that if we it remove it for both sides it's most likely going to encourage both sides to use third party programs. And if the officers feel like the civs have a upper hand due to them using a third party program there most likely going to use it.

I think we should take this into consideration and have a think about evening the sides or leaving it how it is now. 

I firmly believe either no one should have cross-hairs, or everyone should have them.

A lot of people have made the good point that everyone should have them as this counters people who use 3pp's or other methods of obtaining cross-hairs. There's a couple of reasons why I don't really agree with this.

Firstly I don't want a cross-hair on my screen. I don't want to sacrifice even a small amount of my immersion and give in to the shitty role-players that are in constant shoot-outs, and are so competitive that they can't take a loss and feel the need to use a cross-hair.

Secondly let's look at the impact this could have to role-play. People would be more eager to resort to shooting, instead of letting the situation progress at a natural pace. If you're holding someones friend at gun point, they can just line up a shot on you and don't have to worry about accidentally hitting their mate. This will mostly likely create a massive issue with people failing to value their comrades lives because they can shoot much more accurately without worry of hitting their friends. Shootouts will likely become more frequently, and last for a shorter duration.

Now if no one has cross-hairs. Sure some people will use 3pp's, but Duck these people. The kind of people that do this, are not good role-players. They're not interesting in creating interesting, exciting and entertaining stories with other people - they're interested in getting in shoot-outs and always coming out on top. Maybe you lose a shoot-out with one of these people, but afterwards you can go back to doing good and interesting role-play while they'll continue to go around starting shoot-outs and getting no good-play out of it. They'll most likely get themselves banned eventually.

Like @Molotov mentioned - I don't think we should abandon rules to cater to these people. No cross-hairs is better for immersion, it makes shoot-outs more interesting, it means people actually have to worry about missing their target, it means police would have to be way more careful about hitting bystanders. Having a cross-hair takes all of this away. I'm happy to occasionally get one-tapped by a garbage role-player if it means that my role-play in general remains immersive.

+1 No one gets cross-hairs

• Like 4
  • thumbsup 2

If implemented correctly I would agree with crosshairs for everyone. 

Training would be be required to acquire a crosshair. Could also turn into a good money sink to help the economy if it were made expensive. Either a large one off payment for a moderate weekly payment of ingame currency to maintain a Firearms licence/ qualification of (capable to use a firearm) 

Other wise I would keep it with police and SRT and Possibly give it to EPA as their roleplay is the only roleplay that gives them professional training with firearms.

Honestly if you're afraid of people using third party crosshairs you must be referring to the cops right? Nobody else has them right now so if you're assuming this change will cause more people to use them you must implying that it's the cops that will.

Crosshair cases are few and far between but they're so blatantly obvious that I wouldn't worry about it that much. There's such a thing as stealth hacks but there is no such thing as a stealth crosshair no matter how hard you try to hide the fact you're using one.

I just feel that no matter what the vote is going to be people are still going to abuse whether they use third-party programs for its cop sitting on a rooftop with a pistol aiming for that headshot. A police officer would not be on a roof with a pistol trying to scope in and get a headshot like that I can understand why civilians are getting peed off. I just think there so many problems with the crosshair part like those tasers takes so long to reload if you miss and by that time your property stabbed or shot If you did have a crosshair. Is there a way we could see how it goes if you did try no cross hairs? 

As a bias generally only police player, I would vote for police only. As I support the police having a combat advantage as a means to reduce a players inclination to shootout with police and potentially improve roleplay.

I like the idea of no one having them because it is fair for all and makes a shootout harder for everyone, drawing it out and giving time for an emergency services response, rather than just click dead. Although I worry about the small minority who will attempt to use a 3rd party crosshair and then have an unfair advantage over everyone.

The only thing I support about all players having crosshairs is that it removes the unfair advantage form those players who cheat.

• Like 1
  • ree 1
  • thumbsup 1

I haven't played in over 6 months but it will also cost you alot more in any other game, to die at all, more so than on any GTA RP server. This is an "open world" for fun and enjoyment roleplaying, not a First Person Shooter purist game, where you HAVE to win, and if you lose because x-reason 1 or x-reason 2 doesn't suit your narrative, your being cheated. If you lose, say nothing and keep your opinions to yourself. It is not difficult whatsoever.

For these reason's I side, with @Side. Very well thought out opinion, & would actually alleviate alot of incentive to "JUST SHOOT" because you might miss a shot or 2, and yes would stop the crying.

Edited by Mercefulmerc

On 1/27/2020 at 10:52 PM, Faze Purplesmoke said:

CAN be easily abused

...easily abused by no minority i.e. citizens, or police alone.

The majority... i.e. Citizens aaand Police would "both" equally abuse it.
Remove the 2 way road of abuse, and you have the best outcome that can happen. Don't do that and you are opting for second best.

If your concern is 3rd party crosshair's. This is exactly what I am referring to also.

Police and Citizens will BOTH abuse it because outside of the game, you'd be suprised to know the Police Officers you play with, are actually capable of cheating to... No one will win, leaving it on or taking it off. So just take it off? This is stuff you learn as a kid if something isn't working right, don't fix it or, don't have it as a problem at all. 🙌 Rocket science boys.

Edited by Mercefulmerc

5 hours ago, Mercefulmerc said:

...easily abused by no minority i.e. citizens, or police alone.

The majority... i.e. Citizens aaand Police would "both" equally abuse it.
Remove the 2 way road of abuse, and you have the best outcome that can happen. Don't do that and you are opting for second best.

If your concern is 3rd party crosshair's. This is exactly what I am referring to also.

Police and Citizens will BOTH abuse it because outside of the game, you'd be suprised to know the Police Officers you play with, are actually capable of cheating to... No one will win, leaving it on or taking it off. So just take it off? This is stuff you learn as a kid if something isn't working right, don't fix it or, don't have it as a problem at all. 🙌 Rocket science boys.

Is that comment supporting or against my comment ? I need to know whether to thumbs up or down.

Could just add in attachments for weapons that would be cool, ie holo sight, red dot laser something like that? if not i think people should be on a even playing field. 

I reckon everyone should have them because on some monitors you can activated a red dot in the middle of the screen. If no one had them then people would be looking into stuff like that. Everyone should have dots so it can make everything even steven. You have to think about that before making a change.

On 1/24/2020 at 9:29 AM, Rockwell said:

Honestly, If that was possible i'm 100% for that... In saying that i believe voting for no one to have crosshairs is just giving people that use crosshairs via bluetack or third party programs the advantage. If people are going to vote for no crosshairs they need to vote for everyone to have crosshairs... As either everyone is going to have crosshairs or people with 3PP or bluetack are going to have crosshair. The only way to make this fair is for everyone to have an even playing field, in saying that. Shooting someone for the hell of it will be dealt with at the harshest punishment from now on, so anything trivial will be punished.

Making the camera go first person when someone aims is definitely possible. Although I question how smooth it would actually work.

Edited by Hackuou

See the difference between cops and civilians is COPS 90% of the time don't initiate hostile RP the 10% of the time they do something went wrong with there training.. 

Police dont shoot unless we have to it all comes down to RP..  

where as civilians they shoot each other over everything and anything there the ones who initiate the hostile RP in the first place. Now civs will counter argue that cops aim there guns at civilians first alot of the time 
but there a difference we have a protocol police train to aim there guns at potential armed violent/dangerous suspects we dont shoot unless you directly put our lifes in danger or someone else.  
however for civilians vs civilians  you guys will shoot each other on the spot once someone aims a gun there  0 de escalation attempts and all out killing spree..  giving civilians cross hairs will increase the death count by far where others will say it will make people hesitate and decrease hostile RP i dont think so at all.. as an admin i have seen way to much to think other wise people are quick to kill each other...   

not to mention there will need to be rules added to shooting from inside cars that i can see causing massive problems after having cross hairs enabled specially with fully black tinted windows and how easy it would be to 1 tap people from inside cars 

i can already see drive by deaths skyrocketing and overall more death in the city 

i can see police pursuits will turn into more officers dieing at the end as it stands now at the end of a police pursuit if someone cant get away they shoot at officers from inside the car 

Giving them a crosshair will not only allow them to aim but make sure 100% there first shot will be a kill shot on an officer not to mention combine that with there AP pistols or 1 shot guns they can kill officers that are pursuing very quickly 1 after the other befor we can even react, right now people that do shoot at the end of pursuits miss there shots a large % of the time

giving the popular opinion that a lot of people use third party software for a cross hair with that being said i hardly ever get 1 tapped from said person in there car.. 

but i would  vote having cross hairs inside cars disabled 10000%.

civilians are simply not ready for cross hairs until they treat murder as a series thing and stop pulling guns over spilt milk its only going to cause more hostile RP on the server an an increase of deaths will sky rocket.. 

playing cop for over 12 months i can see already cross hairs enabled for civs while inside cars is going to be a headache and half the amount of times we have been shot at and thankfully missed due to no cross hairs saved our asses 

not to mention you'd need to nerf civs weapons im looking at you bullpup and 1 shot heavy pistol etc 

No one should have them. i really enjoy the idea that to use a weapon, there is actually a certain amount of skill required. Being good with the guns should come with time and practice. In saying that however, a nice gun range to help practice would be awesome if it was implemented

Having them enabled for all, seem's like the only alternative, to those who do not, have the ability to realise that it detracts from the sole purpose of FiveM... Realism bro's (atleast realer than GTA Online)

Detracting from anything that, FiveM is based off and/or geared toward, is just stupid and we may aswell go back to GTA Online casual at that point. Blunt and insulting, but the honest truth. When I mentioned Cops i wasnt talking about fights, just the use of 3rd party crosshairs in general. You can't see my screen, so you don't know if i'm using it or not for example, I can say i'm not all I like, but you can never truly know. Works both ways, not even the Develepor's on this server, have the ability to tell if you use a crosshair. Cops will use this equally as much as any civilian. Both civ and police, equally. Ultimately, sticking up your fists and grabbing your metaphorical or literal nuts, and putting up with it, is the best option.

I just wanna iterate this wasn't my opinion based of how I felt. I thoroughly thought about this topic for over an hour before ever replying. This is honestly the best play.

Edited by Mercefulmerc

Sorry for the dumb question but do cops currently have crosshairs? I wasn't aware of that lol.

Either way you can vote all you want but every second person I meet tells me to get a crosshair script or use blutack so it seems like everyone has them anyway. Just my opinion.

• Thanks 1

I know this is weird to say but I had the experience of being a cop with no crosshair on this server for a short period. Due to a rank change mid shift. But honestly it felt more real to me as a roleplayer and streamer.

I vote no one has it.

+ more gun training is always a plus and a way for the officers to let out steam.

• Like 2

As indicated in the poll and various announcements, we will take it into consideration going forward. Pending the outcome of those discussions within management we will provide updates.