[Community Poll] Crosshairs for Cops - Round 2! (Not clickbait!)  

196 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. What should OzzyGaming do regarding Crosshairs in FiveM?

• Only police should have them
    • Everyone should have them
    • No one should have them
    • I don't care and am willing to throw my opinion away but want to feel included

Welcome everyone to the great debate! Hosted by your least favourite Executive yet favourite troll.

BEFORE YOU VOTE, YOU SHOULD READ MY LITTLE COMMENTS BELOW.

Despite how much fun I will have reading the nonsense, fallacies, emotive and passionate comments relating to this - it is a genuine question and we will take the results seriously but a marginal majority is not enough to sway me. I may not respond seriously but one problem at a time, right?

We generally hate polls because the vocal minority usually rule over them and groups of mindless sheep with just vote for whatever their friend did. Please humour me and try to critically analyse what you think is the best options for the server (and how that would pan out in game) and not just from your selfish position - please think of the server as a whole and everyone's enjoyment. Which applies to all sides of this.

Ideally you will also provide comment on what made you select your choice and why you feel it is better than the others. This is extremely important for people who currently (or historically) have played the various factions on the server and may (or may not) sway the management team.

Remember to focus your attention on the point at hand, this isn't a chance for you to rant and rave about that one time you got shot and 100% thought it was bullshit.

P.S. If your friend told you to come vote a specific option - you have already failed the 'Independent thought' requirement to vote. No one other than staff can see who voted for what so be brave and vote honestly with thought.

Many thanks,
Molotov

Normal community rules apply, btw stupid people win stupid prizes. This is non-binding and no implementation time-frame is guaranteed in the event of an accepted change. You are welcome to try play the 'How much money does it take for Molotov to agree with me' game - results may vary. Squad is still better than FiveM, Squad #1.

The reason I chose no for all is because cops should use their firearms more as if they can't see where there shots will land, however, I highly suggest that SRT keep their crosshairs as they are meant to be the individuals that get called in when shit hits the fan.

^ The only problem with this is it makes it harder for cops to deal with crims who use 3rd party crosshairs.

Edited by Side
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Side said:

The reason I chose no for all is because cops should use their firearms more as if they can't see where there shots will land, however, I highly suggest that SRT keep their crosshairs as they are meant to be the individuals that get called in when shit hits the fan.

^ The only problem with this is it makes it harder for cops to deal with crims who use 3rd party crosshairs.

^^^

The only reason I voted yes to all is because some people use a 3rd party program to use a crosshair, I am all about no crosshairs but some people 'Just have to have a crosshair'

• thumbsup 2

give it to everyone, less staff work, less people having a cry, makes life easy

• thumbsup 4

4 minutes ago, Side said:

Completely agree with Side. It should be the same for cops and crims regardless of having it or not. Only probably with no one having it is the issue with people using 3rd party software have a huge advantage over everyone. SRT would be a good touch to have crossbars due to them being specifically trained in that area

I know for a fact this is just going to increase the amount of people using 3rd party crosshair's, I'm all for no one having it (Except SRT), as long as we can find a was to stop 3rd party crossies!

Honestly if normal patrol cops get crosshairs that would be absolute bullshit and make situations like shootouts be so unfair

1 minute ago, MrHughW said:

as long as we can find a was to stop 3rd party crossies!

As an informational point: This is not possible. But I don't believe the argument that 'some people break the rules so we should just abandon them' is valid. Which is essentially what that boils down too :)

Keep the comments coming.

• thumbsup 1

It would be nice to give a bit more of a skill based factor with shooting and those who actually want to take time and practice target practice have it pay off compared to those who don't. If you really want to get more into it you could even do shootouts through first person since aiming through that is better for some weapons. I don't use weapons as much but I feel it would make the option of going into a shootout a less likely option. 

• thumbsup 1

Yeah i agree with this but its only going to make things worse personally, id love to see this happen but i don't think it is possible unless the server is white listed or something along the lines of that

I feel like no one should have a cross hair as it would makes it that cops actually have to do some proper aiming training and brings a certain amount of skill into the game. I feel like the "opinion" that if everyone gets one just to stop staff issues/reports isn't to valid as if no one had a cross hair it would be very obvious who is using a 3rd party app. In the end of the day I feel like any random hostile RP on the server isn't needed, this won't fix that but it might convince cops to RP bank robberies out a bit more or take hostile situations a bit more seriously as there will be a bit more of a level playing ground. That's my two sense and if anyone disagrees with me I am happy to read comments/feedback.

• thumbsup 1

My thought is you cant get banned for crosshair if everyone has them....

13 minutes ago, BigDaddyBrodie said:

Honestly if normal patrol cops get crosshairs that would be absolute bullshit and make situations like shootouts be so unfair

They already get crosshairs by default when on cop. 

everyone should get them because people cheat anyways or u should unlock it by training at a range

Edited by Killercroc
missed a part

I voted No Crosshair for anyone, Would go All have it too, but mucher prefer no one, my dream is just level playing field.

I havent been around too long so dont kno about any previous setups for the crosshairs on ozzy, but i still feel that like deep said, it could push players to use FPS a bit more (i think first person is crazily underused), I would love to be able to engage in hostile roleplay with the police without thinking how many seconds do i live this time. Aiming in the general direction of someone and knowing ur aiming directly at someone can be kinda underwhelming, unfair. 

As the infamous bruce almighty said, And thats the way the cookie crumbles.

Personally, I voted nobody should have them it would make shootouts and the overall hostile RP of the server a lot more realistic and challenging

but in saying that I'm also ok with everybody having them only because I believe a population of the community will choose to use 3rd party software to gain an overall advantage over their enemy.

Police 99% of the time  use there weapons only when they have to, to defend themselves or someone else.. The problem with giving civilians crosshairs is you guys simply kill each other over spilt milk and giving you guys the ability to aim will mean alot of them drive bys and random civ pop shots at each other will no longer miss meaning a lot more people will simply die over said spilt milk. I've seen countless civs get Mad at each other take a few pop shots at close range miss like crazy get over it  and run off this would change that..  When people start to actually control them self's and  not kill each other of minor BS sure give them crosshairs.  (this is obviously my own opinion) I would like to see more quality RP and people using weapons mainly fire arms as a last resort.  people don't treat murder as a serious thing at the moment i would much prefer crosshairs be removed for everyone then giving everyone crosshairs. 

1 minute ago, joe said:

Police 99% of the time  use there weapons only when they have to, to defend themselves or someone else.. The problem with giving civilians crosshairs is you guys simply kill each other over spilt milk and giving you guys the ability to aim will mean alot of them drive bys and random civ pop shots at each other will no longer miss meaning a lot more people will simply die over said spilt milk. I've seen countless civs get Mad at each other take a few pop shots at close range miss like crazy get over it  and run off this would change that..  When people start to actually control them self's and  not kill each other of minor BS sure give them crosshairs.  (this is obviously my own opinion) I would like to see more quality RP and people using weapons mainly fire arms as a last resort.  people don't treat murder as a serious thing at the moment i would much prefer crosshairs be removed for everyone then giving everyone crosshairs. 

honestly, to combat the constant civ violence there are many possible solutions which could include making the rules stricter or upping the fine and jail time just in general giving harder punishments for murdering somebody.

We get rid of crosshairs here - people will then turn to other software

I voted no crosshairs for all, However if there was an option for no crosshairs for anyone apart from SRT i would of preferred that option. 

My vote is crosshairs for everyone. It won't work with no one using them as more people will turn to 3pps, though in saying this. Killing people for trivial matters will result in harsher punishments. I'm hoping that if everyone has a crosshair people will now think before getting into shootouts as it is an even playing field.

• thumbsup 1

I wonder if my vote even counts seeing as im banned 🤔BUT ANYWAYSSS, I think it'd be best if crosshairs were just given to everyone, seeing as people will use 3rd party programs an even blue tac 🤔 ahaha

Edited by ProxyRedux
Spelling cause i'm apparently retarded 🤔

35 minutes ago, Rockwell said:

My vote is crosshairs for everyone. It won't work with no one using them as more people will turn to 3pps, though in saying this. Killing people for trivial matters will result in harsher punishments. I'm hoping that if everyone has a crosshair people will now think before getting into shootouts as it is an even playing field.

+1