Molotov

OzzyGaming - The next steps

Future gaming servers  

87 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. Which game server would you like to see FIRST and WOULD you play?

• ARMA 3 Altis Life 5.0 - Built from the AL 5.0 framework with a lot of inspiration from old OG AL 4.5.2 [No mods required]
    • ARMA 3 Exile [Mods required]
    • FiveM is more than enough for me, just not interested in any of those

Good morning all,

To those who are perhaps new to the server and have no idea who I am: I am an ex-OG Management, Head developer and shit-talker from a while ago who has been brought aboard to expedite the deployment of further gaming servers and options for the enjoyment and growth of the lovely community here. I know, sounds exciting right? I am in the middle of reviewing our services and what we offer to our beloved gamers. To those of you that know me - long time no see and to those who don't... well, you will likely get to know me soon enough.

As part of all this I would like to gauge interest in some of the upcoming servers that progress has been made on and I'd like to get a feel for the level of commitment (Please see the vote below) - This is not saying that any of the projects are cancelled or even suspended but rather getting an idea what I am going to try and push through first. A single new gaming server to play is much better than ten that sit forever in development.

While I am happy for you to post other servers or games you would like to see OG launch, at this stage only those currently in development or which have had an underwelming release are being focused on.

Poll will close midnight Sunday.

Regards,
Molotov.

• Thanks 3

8 hours ago, Molotov said:

As part of all this I would like to gauge interest in some of the upcoming servers that progress has been made on and I'd like to get a feel for the level of commitment (Please see the vote below) - This is not saying that any of the projects are cancelled or even suspended but rather getting an idea what I am going to try and push through first.

So... Where to begin...

The FiveM servers so far have been... interesting. From my couple of hours experienced in the servers, they are either dead quiet, or active and completely out of control. There is a defined lack of Police and EMS presence for a majority bulk gap of the day, and I'm yet to see a RP experience of combat that isn't a RDM drive-by or someone getting run over by a speeding car. Now, I understand that it's no ARMA 3 and there are a few key differences and limitations to what we used to have, but the severe lack of a definitive Police element is a major buzzkill, leaving a lot of people to just aimlessly drive around and get bored til they exit client, or the other proponent being the server delving into RDM-city. It needs a lot more balance in the services at this point.

Also too, some of the bugs with jobs have been near defeating at times... Driving around for an hour doing truck deliveries, just to go to return the truck and not be able to, so therefore can't claim payment for my work... *sigh*. It needs a lot more spit and polish yet before I'm willing to throw anymore "commitment" at it. I was more than happy to throw my hat in the ring to go back to full time policing, but I'm worried it may be more frustration than "enjoyable experience" still at it's current level.

Secretely, I miss the Altis Life server. It just worked.

PS. Welcome back Mollie.

1 hour ago, Fall3n_Archon said:

Driving around for an hour doing truck deliveries, just to go to return the truck and not be able to,

You need to finish the whole mission before you turn it in before you can get paid.

aimlessly drive around and get bored til they exit client

These people are usually the ones baiting the Police - There are many other things in the game other than Police.

but I'm worried it may be more frustration than "enjoyable experience" still at it's current level.

Never know till you try!

3 hours ago, Boss said:

You need to finish the whole mission before you turn it in before you can get paid.

Nah, Boss. I mean, this was AFTER the vehicle was instructed to be taken back to the depot, because the mission was fully completed. Still wouldn't allow the mission to be handed in, so lost all the time and money for that run. It's happened twice now, and this evening one of the vehicles I pulled for a mission came out broken down right from the start, so wasn't even able to START the mission.

3 hours ago, Boss said:

These people are usually the ones baiting the Police - There are many other things in the game other than Police.

I'll agree with that, to a degree. Not that there is a great deal more to do at the moment with police online, other than the 3 drug running missions available. When police aren't online, you're left with only the legitimate avenues of making money, which are actually more profitable in theory, because you don't have to wait around for a launderer to be online to clean your dirty money for you...

3 hours ago, Boss said:

Never know till you try!

You know me. I was always one to step up and take on event driven role-play scenarios and really get into the mix within the Altis Life community in the past, whether it was civ, cop or ems. But something about the FiveM mix seems somewhat... limiting. I don't know, maybe it's just me. Maybe I've spent too long with the ARMA3 formula to go back to a more simplified set of systems.

I'm giving FiveM a go, but so far I'm very much underwhelmed with what I've seen, and the more I play it, the more it makes me miss the Altis Life server.

2 minutes ago, Fall3n_Archon said:

Nah, Boss. I mean, this was AFTER the vehicle was instructed to be taken back to the depot, because the mission was fully completed. Still wouldn't allow the mission to be handed in, so lost all the time and money for that run. It's happened twice now, and this evening one of the vehicles I pulled for a mission came out broken down right from the start, so wasn't even able to START the mission.

I will have another look at the script and see if I can re-create the issue.

3 minutes ago, Fall3n_Archon said:

something about the FiveM mix seems somewhat... limiting.

If anything, it is less limiting... There are so many opportunities for role-play, you just need to take the initiative and start it. This is very different to your typical AL server where it is a glorified DM mode with declarations most of the time.

If it is constant combat you are after, then I would suggest that this may not be the right place to look for it.

Overall, we leave the ball in your court, you will only experience good role-play if you yourself are doing the same thing, role-play is a two-way street.

Im down for all those xD if not exile or altis life 

Due to the recent disbanding of the Rust staff team, Rust has been closed with no future plans. Apologises to those who were interested in it, I have removed it as an option as a result.

Posted (edited)

I will do anything for Altis Life. Anything. 

Edited by Axel Jones
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)

Altis Life is dead I guess.

I'm actually quite impressed how the remaining managers revived OzzyGaming with FiveM - with such a huge bullet to the community. Honestly, I want Altis Life. I can't cope playing on other Altis Life servers because your basically playing KOTH, gangs over gangs, even the police are getting involved. Honestly (X2) I say Altis Life is long gone, it was part of the past - I do want Altis Life, but its gone and wont gather population like we hope. Maybe one last try with the mad amounts of donations coming in for the servers. I'm not sure at this point.

OzzyGaming (before FiveM) needed a change. Desperately needed one. Altis Life players found was quite repetitive at this point. (truck missions, police pull you over, you get fined, alt f4, come back, get robbed by a gang, alt f4 again, got bored checked the forums, look at dat someone brought up PMC again, REPEAT).

FiveM did the job. I'm not saying Altis Life is disbanded from revival, I'm saying I'm out of hope as I was one of the 10 people that lasted until the very shutdown of the server.

Edited by SerValence
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, SerValence said:

Altis Life is dead I guess.

I'm actually quite impressed how the remaining managers revived OzzyGaming with FiveM - with such a huge bullet to the community. Honestly, I want Altis Life. I can't cope playing on other Altis Life servers because your basically playing KOTH, gangs over gangs, even the police are getting involved. Honestly (X2) I say Altis Life is long gone, it was part of the past - I do want Altis Life, but its gone and wont gather population like we hope. Maybe one last try with the mad amounts of donations coming in for the servers. I'm not sure at this point.

OzzyGaming (before FiveM) needed a change. Desperately needed one. Altis Life players found was quite repetitive at this point. (truck missions, police pull you over, you get fined, alt f4, come back, get robbed by a gang, alt f4 again, got bored checked the forums, look at dat someone brought up PMC again, REPEAT).

FiveM did the job. I'm not saying Altis Life is disbanded from revival, I'm saying I'm out of hope as I was one of the 10 people that lasted until the very shutdown of the server.

the colour looks nice friend 

• Thanks 1

Just now, Cryptic Plissken said:

the colour looks nice friend 

It is :3

While I appreciate the thoughts, this is primarily a read of interest.

OzzyGaming is trying to move into a multi-server space where the community is never dependent on one game/server to maintain itself. This vision is shared by the senior team and we will be moving down this path (with or without Altis Life). This poll is not a promise of servers, nor is it the only servers we are considering but Exile and Altis life have a functional codebase at the moment and so would be the fastest to kickstart.

Altis Life would face many hurdles, the biggest is bringing the server culture in line with OzzyGaming's new culture. Finding the right people to run the right things will be a challenge but we will develop plans if that is the direction we will take. We have a lot of options available to us but I will stress that if there is any sign that Altis Life will be a detriment to OzzyGaming or will not join the vision for Ozzy like FiveM has - Then it will be binned. We will not run this server on the power of nostalgia alone. We will be working very hard to avoid 'Old school Ozzy - rebirth' and that will mean some decisions that especially veterans may not like much - but that is how life goes (Like the pun?).

Anyway, after the poll closes the senior team will discuss the outcomes and direction. We will then provide information about our plans.

Poll closes at midnight if you are in the best country (New Zealand)... the rest of you will have it converted into local time if your profile is set up correctly.

Molotov.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Molotov said:

best country (New Zealand)

NZ Master Race

• Like 2

NZ Master Race lol but fuckk yeah

Thank you for the votes, it is great to see so many people keeping tabs on the forums and willing to cast their vote.

The senior team will consider the results and we will provide further information from there.

Molotov.

• Like 1