Ryan King

Donation Rewards

Hello everyone. We are finally implementing a community-wide donation goal which will offer primarily, in its initial phase, rewards for the FiveM game server so that we can finally thank you for your donations! We previously believed we were not able to offer rewards in FiveM but with new information, this is no longer the case. We will stop accepting donations as soon as we reach our goal each month, which we will outline at the end of this post. At this time, donations are processed manually, so when you make a donation, please contact someone from the donations team and specify the package you wish to receive.

We will be offering monthly subscriber packages as the majority of our donation rewards. The reason for this is that at the end of the day we need to pay for our hosting and licenses each month, which means offering one time rewards won't be as sustainable for us to cover the expenses we have. All of the rewards we will be offering will be listed in the sheet below. We will update this with all of the new features we wish to add in the coming months. We will try not to remove any features from this list, but if we do, we won’t remove the perks until the end of the subscriber period. The Vehicle Packs listed are available to view in the showroom of all vehicle stores.

As well as the subscriber packages, we will also be offering several one-time rewards that will be listed in the sheet below. This will typically be used for specific features that would benefit from per payment system, such as custom license plates.

Below is the outline of our monthly hosting & license expenses. Server #2 is a new addition to the family which, as listed, will be used for our Arma servers as well as some new things in development. Maybe Ark..?

Thank you for taking the time to read this. The staff team are more than open to hearing new suggestions for donator rewards. Again, myself and the rest of the OzzyGaming staff team would like to thank you for making donations. At the end of the day, that and volunteers is what keeps our services running.

Please note that some of the features listed are not yet implemented in-game, however, an update will be released in the next 24 hours to add all items listed.

Regards,

The OzzyGaming Management Team

FAQ

Q) How do the vehicle packs actually work?

A) The vehicle packs give you access to purchase exclusive vehicles from the dealers, for a relatively low price in comparison to other supercars (around $700,00 from dealers). Getting access to one of the packs does not add the vehicle to your garage, you will still need to purchase the listed vehicles. When the subscription expires, you lose access to purchase the vehicles, but any vehicles already purchased will stay in your garage. You will need to show your ID to the dealer when you wish to purchase a vehicle. Your ID contains your VIP level, for example, "VIP Level Platinum".

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, P R A E T O R I A N said:

Is this not like arma? Is this legal?

Yea I thought FiveM didn't allow in game rewards?

6 minutes ago, P R A E T O R I A N said:

Is this not like arma? Is this legal?

The rules surrounding FiveM are that you can not make a profit off of the server. We received confirmation that this does not stop us from giving out rewards, but as stated in the post, does mean we will stop accepting donations each month as soon as we reach our goal.

Players who were able to sign up to a subscription would obviously automatically add to the goal each month. In other words, they would have first place to donate. So it would not be possible that a subscriber lost their benefits after subscribing. To be clear, as a subscriber, you get all those perks for 1 calendar month, you could choose to subscribe and cancel the next day, we would just then reset your donator status a month later.

So hypothetically if 35 people subscribed at $20/mo ($700/mo), we would then have to cap donations until someone stopped subscribing. We could not accept any purchases or new subscriptions in that time otherwise it would be in breach of FiveM policies.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Wordz r hard - plz mak sumpler or i get my lawyr 2 sue u. i want picz

Edited by Molotov
  • Haha 2

Just got some questions that people might ask, might be an idea to do up a little FAQ.

1. So how soon after do the benefits kick in?
  2. when will I know?
  3. Does my time start from the donation day or the day i get the perks?
  4. How will i know when my subscription kicks in?
  5. will I get a reminder to renew my subscription?
  6. are new players or players who cant access the subscription at a disadvantage?
  7. is this pay to win now?
  8. are the pay perks such as licence plate change going to be available to those who don't want to spend real money?
  9. I don't play arma 3 or rust why does my money go to those servers when my money could go to a better FiveM Server and development for my needs?

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Zaydan said:

Players who were able to sign up to a subscription would obviously automatically add to the goal each month. In other words, they would have first place to donate. So it would not be possible that a subscriber lost their benefits after subscribing. To be clear, as a subscriber, you get all those perks for 1 calendar month, you could choose to subscribe and cancel the next day, we would just then reset your donator status a month later.

So hypothetically if 35 people subscribed at $20/mo ($700/mo), we would then have to cap donations until someone stopped subscribing. We could not accept any purchases or new subscriptions in that time otherwise it would be in breach of FiveM policies.

Ryan came and had a chat with me and he made it clear it’s actually not a ‘subscription’, which would indicate it’s an automatic payment. However, he said that it’s a physical transfer each month and if the cap is reached then you simply couldn’t make the payment.

so it’s not a ‘subscription’, it’s just a payment.

10 hours ago, Haunter said:

Just got some questions that people might ask, might be an idea to do up a little FAQ.

1. So how soon after do the benefits kick in?
  2. when will I know?
  3. Does my time start from the donation day or the day i get the perks?
  4. How will i know when my subscription kicks in?
  5. will I get a reminder to renew my subscription?
  6. are new players or players who cant access the subscription at a disadvantage?
  7. is this pay to win now?
  8. are the pay perks such as licence plate change going to be available to those who don't want to spend real money?
  9. I don't play arma 3 or rust why does my money go to those servers when my money could go to a better FiveM Server and development for my needs?

Haunter brings up some good points. im interested in 1. to 5.

I have added an FAQ section and will update it slowly clarifying some of the issues people are having, as well as answering the questions people have on this post.

Outch having to buy custom plates with $$ that kicks me right in the feels with my RTA business application

"We haven't forgotten about our veteran donators, there will be unique in-game perks for anyone who has donated before the launch" will this still be implemented?

• Like 1

Regarding recent comments. We are going to be updating our donation system to try and streamline the process which will allow automated delivery of some perks as well as reduce the required time to find a staff member and tell them what you want. This should also answer a few more FAQs as part of a new donations policy.

What about old mates who already donated large sums of money?

It is a hard topic. For those who may remember, Storm announced he would be wiping all previous donations and start fresh when he briefly took over the community. Like most, I was quite angry as this prospect and made that known.

At this point, it is important to remember that we are more or less a brand new community. A new URL, completely new ownership, different games etc. 

I personally donated to the level of about $250 back when Altis Life was around when I was relatively new about 3 years ago. Today, where is that money? Nowhere, it was spent years ago. While OzzyGaming is now more than ever a community, not just a business with one owner trying to make money. So it is completely fair to say that you have donated to the community, which we are all appreciative of. However, in terms of server upkeep and our ability to expand, we do need funding. We don't want to appear to be gauging veteran members and we don't want to upset anyone who has previously given their cold hard earned cash before.

For me personally, I would so I generally got my money's worth of my donation.

We think that in general, moving to a subscription model is the most simplistic and beneficial approach we can take. TeamSpeak channels for example, we can have people that spent $30 5 years ago still demanding to have an extra channel added to the server. If we kept every single donator channel indefinitely, it would be an unreasonable list. Subscriptions allow us to actively monitor, add and remove old channels. So regarding this, within the next few weeks, we expect the start discontinuing some historical donator perks. We want to reward legitimise the players who are willing to support us today in OzzyGaming 2018. Also remembering that it is within our requirements that we cannot make a personal profit from the server.

We plan on keeping a TeamSpeak group for hisotrical donators. It is important to note that now and it always has been the case that giving money to the server is a volunary donations and we are not obliged t ogive you anything in return and reserve the right to change, add or cancel any perks at any time for better or worse.

Suggestion : Renewal Discount

This is in the works. As part of our new web-donation system, this will be an automated process. Similar to other services like PSN or XBL, we will be offering discounts on 3 and 6 month subscriptions. However, month to month subscriptions would not typically be reduced. The new system does allow us to give out free coupons as prizes etc. as well as putting things on sale. For instance, we could make other rewards such as cash or vehicles 10% off for subscribers.

But in general, we aim to reward and credit as much as possible people that continually stay subscribed. This is all early days, we will almost certainly add extra subscriber perks in the future. Potentially have rewards for 'subscribed for 3 continuous months' etc. Once we start to reach that point, we will be able to determine more.

Could you not technically include paying developers and paypal fees etc

It does become tricky. We don't want to deceive anyone, including the community or the FiveM policies. Obviously, we want to make our monthly goal as high as possible in order to maximise donations. But we can only do this to a realistic level, if we start having lots of money left over, we have then breached policy and we would be at risk of being shut down. It isn't like Arma where you get a cease and desist either, FiveM owns the launcher and will simply stop registering your server on the browser. Current policy is that when we hit the goal, we stop accepting money for the month.

Paypal fee's, potentially. They are quite significant, this is possibly something we can look into by boosting our goal by a flat 10% etc to cover this money that you pay and the community doesn't receive.

Paying developers... While we would love that and be a great incentive for more, regular and good work, it doesn't really sound allowable. Paying staff, means that staff member is making a profit. Regardless if that person has spent hours and hours to get that money.

• Like 1

I mean you go to a job and you trade hours for currency but it makes sense in the legal aspect of things

So what is the current process of getting Sub perks into the game once Subbed?

ever since joining this server i cant get enough and already bought along 5 other friends as well

2 hours ago, Hypnotech03 said:

So what is the current process of getting Sub perks into the game once Subbed?

ever since joining this server i cant get enough and already bought along 5 other friends as well

I got it the day i donated

Any FiveM admin or higher can do donations. So jump into teamspeak for one or if none are around (or you just want the magic to happen ASAP) then put in a ticket and someone will attend to it.

Ok cool, its been 4 days since my donation. just times I've been on have been relatively quite on the server.