Side

An issue with staff

I really don't like making posts about this noir do I like complaining but it's a genuine issue that needs fixing, the problem is staff not responding to /reports, if you can check logs you can see the amount of reports I'v made within the past 1-2 months (if your logs date back that far) and you'll see probably only 2 or 3 out of a lot more have ever been actually responded to / dealt with. The only way for me to ever get in contact with staff is to contact them directly or sit in Help Desk for 15-30 minutes (which I can't do if I'm on duty).

I am not making this post to aimlessly rant, I just want management to fix this, we recently have had a large influx of new players joining the server and there is a serious amount of rules being broken with no reports being answered. If I was to sit there uploading evidence for every incident that happened and made a support ticket I would be writing them and uploading them all day. Literally all I want is staff to be reachable, it ruins a lot of roleplay scenarios when almost every incident you are involved in the person ends up breaking server rules and you report it and nothing happens.

Take notes people...

Y'know I'm starting to get the feeling some of the staff aren't in it to do what they signed up for. Rather to use their,

tenor.gif?itemid=5266474

I'll pay more attention to the staff more ingame and their habits when it comes to handling reports and tickets. It could just be that they're understaffed but I know for a fact that there is quite a lot of fivem staff on-board right now so that shouldn't be an issue.

• Like 2

Ah Side the lack of response from any staff member just shows how clicky and toxic they can be. 

Take shams for example, he spectates and bans people for “suspected” crosshair use yet turns a blind eye to members of his own group headshotting 6 people in a row. 

https://streamable.com/7pfd6

• Like 1
  • thumbsup 2

Ahah and it’s funny because Nz made self conscious jokes about having a cross hair to joke about the people accusing him of having one even though you’d see him head shot people from a roof top on principal bank, definitely not a crosshair right.

10 hours ago, PurpleSoyMilk said:

members of his own group headshotting 6 people in a row. 

https://streamable.com/7pfd6

I've pulled off some pretty crazy shots in my day without the cross-hair and i'd chalk most of them up to skill and some really lucky shots on most of them. But 6 in a row is a bit much even for someone like me that has 100s of hours in GTA 5 and has memorised where the cross-hair should be on their screen (hint: its the middle of the screen). There's skill and then theres just this. You could explain it away as first person mode but when 6 people drop like that in rapid succession its more than a bit suspicious. At the rate this guy is downing them I wouldn't rule out the use of an aimbot (look at 0:45 in the video and how fast he downs 3 people with headshots).

The point I guess i'd like to point out is this game or more specifically the server is not like COD its very different. People shooting each other left and right shouldn't be commonplace and hell with the show this guy put on I wouldn't be surprised if he was banned for mass RDM. So when the shootouts do happen there needs to be fairground between combatants and as such cross-hairs were ditched (well except for cops because they're special 🤨 ). So if people start using their own cross-hairs while playing then the balance is ignored and there is a whole lot of issues. I know this isn't exactly the place to say it but honestly giving everyone cross-hairs would be a better fix than ditching them altogether. Because then people won't feel inclined to use their own.

Edited by A Disappointment

does no one realise the gun he is using is a one shot to anywhere on the body?

As for the reason this thread was opened (about /reports) the amount of /reports we get every day we cant go through them all and find your specific /reports and deal with them in front of everyone else's. As for staff activity yes it has dropped drastically lately but some of us have real jobs and cant sit at home and help everyone all day every day, it's not like we get paid for doing what we do.

In conclusion we try and get to /reports as quick as possible and we do miss some sometimes (to our own fault).

P.S @PurpleSoyMilkshams wasn't even a staff member when that incident happened he had to get a staff member at the time to deal with it and i believe NZ was banned for that situation.

• Like 1

If you are going with the excuse that he hit those shots in first person or that’s not suspicious you are well on your way to being the next manager around here. 

Enjoy

Well yeah, some support need to actually step up their game. I’m not saying all of them aren’t doing their job, I’m just talking to the few that are not. 

Jester you are excluded from this as you do an amazing job since I'v actually seen you respond, there are also a few others that do but my point is the general majority of the staff team don't.

Some staff do a great job and respond to my calls.

However there are other staff who will just not respond at all, even when there are like 5 staff on in the afternoon with like 20 people on. Are they seriously that busy when there are 20 people on the server?

• Like 1

No one is perfect, the role is voluntary, sometimes you just want to play for 1 hour without any interruptions.

The development team have added (WIP) a platform which allows reports to be pinned and not get lost in time, of course this system is only efficient if the staff member is willing to help.

The best thing anyone could do is apply for support and help assist the community.