Boss

[Community Poll] Crosshairs

Crosshair Poll  

133 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. Should we enable to crosshair for everyone, not just the Police?

• Yes
    • No
    • I don't care

If you are going to allow cross-hairs, then cops should have armour and civilians shouldn’t be allowed armour at all.

cops will still have the advantage with armour and better guns.

still makes it somewhat possible for a civilian who out plays a cop to win.

cops still have the upper hand majority of times with armour and like 16 cops to 4 guys in a bank.

until everyone starts treating death/murder as a serious thing and not just over petty things i dont think cross hairs for civ's should be enabled i think it will increase the death count and drive by's 10000% not to mention police pursuits with people liking to stop and shoot at police in there car etc its going to cause problems then its worth 

I like the idea of noone having cross hairs I wish that was an option , everyone or noone in my opinion 

I like the idea of noone having cross hairs I wish that was an option , everyone or noone in my opinion 

9 hours ago, Rockwell said:

Either everyone has it or everyone doesn't have it. Can't have half and half. Now please understand the reasoning behind this, ANYONE with a legal gun license should have the exact training that a police officer has, You would not be able to get a gun unless you have that training so this argument "Police have more training" is bull. See this all comes down to your game play, as someone that plays in first person constantly anyone that plays in 3rd person has that advantage over me of being able to sneak up on me or see me from behind a wall, that's my choice of game play though. What this does is regardless of if i am on police or just a civ i have no cross hair i use the iron site of the gun. If everyone is given cross hairs and you don't want them play in first person, if all cross hairs are removed play in first person and use the iron site.

Yeah I agree. I'm leaning towards everyone having it, just because it's easy for people to use 3rd party crosshairs and almost impossible to prove they're doing it. I'd prefer no one has crosshairs for realism purposes, but it's too easy for people to give themselves a crosshair, so might as well let everyone have one.

9 hours ago, Rockwell said:

Either everyone has it or everyone doesn't have it. 

Yeah I agree. I'm leaning towards everyone having it, just because it's easy for people to use 3rd party crosshairs and almost impossible to prove they're doing it. I'd prefer no one has crosshairs for realism purposes, but it's too easy for people to give themselves a crosshair, so might as well let everyone have one.

2 hours ago, `justin said:

More people will use overlay cross-hairs and theirs going to be more tickets and help-desk sits.

If it goes to the No side, but ohwell.

This is a really good point

If civvies can't have it cops shouldn't either. They already have armour and rifles anyway so its even more unfair.

On the other hand if everyone had crosshairs it would be balanced still, it doesn't make a difference that cops have to deal with many violent individuals. They either need to get gud or get fired for sucking at their job. Hell I can fire a pistol from a moving vehicle without the crosshair and still kill peeps so its not impossible to get good without using a crosshair it just requires training.

16 hours ago, Destro said:

Exactly. Its the criminals that complain about Crosshairs. They shouldn't be allowed, except for cops

I haven't played in.... over 3 months? Neither crim nor not. Actually don't have a character at this current stage, as i'm waiting for the implementation of an idea that should show a significant increase in server traffic. With that being said. The more people, the more toxic the use of Crosshairs will become, on a wide spread scale, hence more complaints regardless of criminal or not. These are real world bodies making an effort to come to you about something there concerned with (rather than the few individuals who suggest/complain now). 

I believe RP is supposed to be, as closely represented to real life as possible. & regardless of my thoughts on that... It is the closest deserving description of Roleplay... So why crosshairs exist at "ALL" i don't understand. This is common sense and disciplined train of thought. Not "nit picking".

7 hours ago, `justin said:

More people will use overlay cross-hairs and theirs going to be more tickets and help-desk sits.

If it goes to the No side, but ohwell.

I havent played in 3 months. So i'm not defending either side, but you honestly sound fearful, without rational. A smart human being would disregard those words, because Police will have this ability also. (it's a 2 way road mate.)

-----------------------------------

That aside, roleplay should as closely as possible, be representitive of real life. As such... Do we have a center point shown in our natural vision? Do we shoot straight when we first pick up a gun? No &  no... But one of those, we can acquire over time. It's the same for the game, you will learn eventually, to be the better shooter. Just don't be a cop on the ladder of the server, beneath a criminal (which isn't hard if you take it seriously) and lead the investigation/pursuits/gun fights yourself (as much as you can like a real leading officer) and show profficiency in your field. This isn't real life, but roleplay "essentially" is. That seems to get mixed up, and/or lost somewhere... alot...

• Like 1

Take it away from cops aswell, we know most em them are shit shots 

I can understand the arguement from both sides. I think I would prefer everyone to have no crosshair but thats just not going to be the case I can just imagine after every hostile interaction ooc is just going to be full of people complaing about external crosshairs. I think it will just be a lot easier on the staff to give everyone crosshairs.

• Like 1

In my opinion we should maybe go with the idea that you have to buy attachments to get the cross-hair and cops just get given the attachments on their gun when they spawn in (maybe like 2k dirty to buy attachments)

Because in actuality if you remove cross-hairs from everyone I believe that 3rd party cross-hairs would just become rampant and there is no legitimate way to prove if they have it or not whereas if you give everyone cross-hairs it's just going to give trolls and rdmers more means to take you down and I believe that hostile RP is going to be way more rampant than it currently is with no cross-hair's

So in my personal opinion I believe that it should be a weapon attachment that gives you the crosshair as it'd also give it a realism element because in some cases it is easier to get a shot on someone with a reticle 

Crosshairs shouldn't be a thing it ruins the whole aspect of roleplay I didn't get to vote but I don't like the fact people will have crosshairs people will just be sniping with pistols.

I understand the topic is regarding giving the crosshair to civs but I just wanted to discuss the crosshair for police aswell.

I understand the police need to have advantages over civs for realistic rp. Police currently have armour, better weapons, unlimited weapons, fast vehicles and the crosshair, I think it wouldn't hurt too much if they lost the crosshair, better RP not having a dot on the screen....

Personally I'd like to see the crosshair go for everyone, tbh I've never even noticed it when I play cop lol

By the looks of the results, its a close one... If management decides to introduce the crosshair for all PLEASE make it a /togglecrosshairon

Edited by MrMagic
  • Like 1

On 7/11/2019 at 1:43 AM, MrMagic said:

If management decides to introduce the crosshair for all PLEASE make it a /togglecrosshairon

This is the best solution in my opinion. It puts everyone on an even playing field aim-wise, crosshair overlays are no longer an issue, and those of us who don't want a crosshair can choose not to have one.

As a firearm owner, no crosshairs should be used at all, cops I understand with the training. But no way anyone in real life is going to be hitting shots people will now be able to hit consistently.

On 7/8/2019 at 4:44 PM, `justin said:

More people will use overlay cross-hairs and there will be more tickets and help-desk sits.

If it goes to the No side, but I dont really mind it, I dont really shoot people. I rather use alternative weapons.

yea i got 1 tapped the other day when a guy was on a bike and i was in a car xd