I feel like the community is being a bit left in the dark in regards to what's going on with the server so i have a few questions for the Server Management team. If anyone else has any questions for them feel free to chuck em below and hopefully they can also be answered.

1. What is going on with Altis life? What improvements are being made and when can we expect to see the server back up?

2. Why are we expanding into so many game servers at once when we hardly have the playerbase for one? Wouldn't it be more appropriate to focus on what the community was built on (Altis) then expand from there once we get some players back?

3. When can we expect the Teamspeak permissions to be fixed? (#PublicPrivateChannel)

4. What is Staff/Dev team currently focusing their efforts on? (Altis, FiveM, Ect)

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Infinity said:

1. What is going on with Altis life? What improvements are being made and when can we expect to see the server back up?

2. Why are we expanding into so many game servers at once when we hardly have the playerbase for one? Wouldn't it be more appropriate to focus on what the community was built on (Altis) then expand from there once we get some players back?

3. When can we expect the Teamspeak permissions to be fixed? (#PublicPrivateChannel)

4. What is Staff/Dev team currently focusing their efforts on? (Altis, FiveM, Ect)

I suspect Zaydan has a rather large reply on the way for this...

Basically as of the moment, Ryan is leading the development on that server. Improvements are being made and we are hoping to shift to a more stable, appropriate version of Altis. As of when I can't 100% right now, but Ryan will confirm very soon more details on that. 

The main reason behind this was that on every single poll, vote, suggestion post etc etc we kept getting a reoccurring theme coming up again and again. Players are bored with Altis life, and yes, you could say we need more civilian features etc, but the actual game mode has become boring for a lot of people with little new players turning up to play now across most life servers. Not to say we don't care about Altis because I sure as hell do and want to see it back to where it was at 135 players a night. 

in saying that, we just want to try cater for more people. A lot of our community especially are bored of Altis life gameplay in general, even when they go on modded or feature rich servers its the core gameplay idea they find boring now.

I realised I must have stuffed your channel up as their was no join power on your private channel (Whoops) I've fixed it - and a few others. 
What else needs to be fixed aside from that? 

Here is where our multiple server staff teams come into play. Each server staff focus on their individual server to make the best of it. As for the executive team, we have our roles split up between web dev, specific servers, community management etc. So each server is getting the same amount of attention, certain servers require little attention as of the moment i.e. CSGO as Delacey has pretty much got it sussed. So in that way, we are all collectively just focusing on bringing back the actual COMMUNITY of OzzyGaming. Like I've said, without that we are nothing but a name. 

Just because we are starting up other servers doesn't mean any one server will miss out. Bare in mind we've brought on new staff to make these new servers, so Altis life isn't recieving less attention than previously. If anything, it's receiving more because of the staff boost.  

Here

• Like 1

There will be a few additions to rules on how groups of people conduct business in the form of hostile RP and how hostile RP is conducted in general. I will also review few other rules that from my experience has caused issues in the past. I am happy to hear any input from members, I am in TS most days so we can discuss the matter.

52 minutes ago, FreeFighter said:

There will be a few additions to rules on how groups of people conduct business in the form of hostile RP and how hostile RP is conducted in general. I will also review few other rules that from my experience has caused issues in the past. I am happy to hear any input from members, I am in TS most days so we can discuss the matter.

Rules are fun and all but last I heard the server was a long way from release. Do you have a timeline for the release of the server?

Myself not being a Dev I don't know all the in and outs of how things work so I can't give an exact time of when things will be done but with the work intended it may take a few weeks. With more servers in the mix and people having not a lot of motivation for Altis Life we don't want to rush things out to where people only get a short enjoyment from it.

2 hours ago, FreeFighter said:

Myself not being a Dev I don't know all the in and outs of how things work so I can't give an exact time of when things will be done but with the work intended it may take a few weeks. With more servers in the mix and people having not a lot of motivation for Altis Life we don't want to rush things out to where people only get a short enjoyment from it.

As a manager of Altis life, perhaps you should become a developer. It is a great way to understand the server and game mode better. I think it would be of great benefit. Another dev couldn't hurt either.

I understand that point but I personally just have no interest when it come to developing games. If a time comes where I am needed to do some part then I would but for right now it's not something I'm intending to do.

19 minutes ago, FreeFighter said:

I understand that point but I personally just have no interest when it come to developing games. If a time comes where I am needed to do some part then I would but for right now it's not something I'm intending to do.

Is now, when the server has basically no devs or players not the time you're talking about?

Edited by Bailey P.
  • Like 2

There are bigger things to dev/fix then your private channel permissions infinity.

Edited by Kray

22 hours ago, FreeFighter said:

Are the rules going to be aimed at stifling hostile role play the way it was done during the previous server iterations or are you looking for a way to embrace the hostile role play?

3 hours ago, Masheo said:

Are the rules going to be aimed at stifling hostile role play the way it was done during the previous server iterations or are you looking for a way to embrace the hostile role play?

I hope the rules focus on stifling people using the fringe of the rules to be abject cunts to each other and then arguing that it isn't against the rules - strictly. I love a wholesome gunfight but some of the malicious acts we saw to destroy the enjoyment of the other party was getting out of hand. Intent does matter, probably more than the rules themselves.

EDIT: Perhaps an example will better explain my point - KotH introduced rules around camping spawns for the same reason those rules you objected too so much were created. It wasn't about 'kiddy gloves', it was about accepting that not everyone wants to play a game where a larger group of people can be cunts to smaller groups for hours. Nor was it claiming that gunfights were bad, it was simply a demonstration that Life servers are more than just gunfights and you have to be somewhat accommodating to those who wish to engage in other activities too. The rules cannot simply cater to the most violent. Perhaps the rules were too far? I can see that as a valid point, but you have to understand that more rules were only added as people proved they could not be trusted to exercise basic judgement in the grey area so the rules had to cover it all. All things are good in moderation (they say) if people could have regulated that themselves then no additional rules would have been needed.

Edited by Molotov

26 minutes ago, Molotov said:

I hope the rules focus on stifling people using the fringe of the rules to be abject cunts to each other and then arguing that it isn't against the rules - strictly. I love a wholesome gunfight but some of the malicious acts we saw to destroy the enjoyment of the other party was getting out of hand. Intent does matter, probably more than the rules themselves.

What behavior qualifies someone as an "abject cunt"?

Also what malicious acts? The server provided the tools to, kidnap, murder, steal, and harvest organs? I am curious what would could me more malicious than robbing someone, stealing their vehicle, chopping it, harvesting their organs and leaving them for dead?

I suppose that is what I am getting at, the previous  setup provided all of the tools for a rebel to play as a rebel and then the admin team would get pissed off that rebels were role playing as rebels.

Also where can I find these "wholesome gunfights" is there some cuddling afterwards?

Edited by Masheo
  • Like 1

I believe some of these malicious acts could be considered someone using the rules as kind of "the blood rule" from various sports. If someone finds themselves in a difficult situation or has lost something valuable, they may force a rule break by another player or contact an admin to put something out of RP. The usual and worst one is to go to helpdesk and pull the situation back 30 minutes to a minor rule issue in an attempt to delegitimise the rest of the encounter.

It is correct to say this is at least equal fault of the rules for allowing such things to occur. These kind of things are certainly the main drive/consideration behind a serious update to the helpdesk/rules system.

It comes back to all these games such as DayZ, Exile, Rust etc. Some people want to want to shoot on sight and some people want to talk to people. It's hard to say one person is playing right or wrong. It's just unfortunate that it only takes one person to be the 'shoot on site' guy for the more social player to not be able to trust anyone at all.

We want to have not many rules, so that we do less helpdesk situations and players have more freedom, but then it creates the drama of having small groups that go around being the law, under whatever gang flag they want to wave. Too many rules and people a) don't know them and b) will always break one of them; creating more work. 

But it goes back to the 'charade' of OzzyGaming Altis Life being a full serious RP server. It's a hard thing to be when you're a public vanilla server.

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, Masheo said:

What behavior qualifies someone as an "abject cunt"?

Also what malicious acts? The server provided the tools to, kidnap, murder, steal, and harvest organs? I am curious what would could me more malicious than robbing someone, stealing their vehicle, chopping it, harvesting their organs and leaving them for dead?

I'll put the shoe on a different foot to explain this one since my rebel examples will likely fall on deaf ears. If a Police officer detained you after they felt you broke rules or were just being a cunt to them (or they just felt like it)... and then kept you detained and fucked with you for hours before sending you to jail - while refusing to hear you out or even attempting to work with you. They haven't strictly 'broken' any rules (and the server gave them the tools to do it) - but when shit like that happened, rules were made to counter it. The same type of thing happened on civ.

That is being malicious, and when your group is liked less than StoRm was... by the overwhelming majority of the server (anyone not in your own group) then something is going wrong. When your own members try playing with other groups against yours and even they see the issue. Then there is a problem.

I suppose that is what I am getting at, the previous  setup provided all of the tools for a rebel to play as a rebel and then the admin team would get pissed off that rebels were role playing as rebels.

It also provided all the tools for police to ruin your life and force you to stop playing the server - that is why Police had a 30-page document on rules (Protocol). That is why rebel rules were documented so carefully.

Also where can I find these "wholesome gunfights" is there some cuddling afterwards?

No, just fights within roleplay that makes sense and don't drown out all other playstyles. In PUBG I kill people all over the place and it isn't an issue... it also isn't a roleplay server. I know you rejected the concept that your group's behaviour was better suited for Wasteland but the game mode does matter. The staff didn't draw issue with rebel roleplay - it had been going for years with only minor hiccups - but the server was more than just rebel roleplay. Infringing on the alternative play styles because you wanted to be rebel 24/7 is the same thing that got KFA, NWO, Pulse, Foxy Ladies, USSR, Plisskens and numerous others in 'trouble'.

As I mentioned in my edit, if people could regulate themselves then such additional rules wouldn't be needed. Besides the rules added did not ban rebel roleplay or gunfights - with them in place, everyone still had their fill of rebel roleplay. They simply limited the most extreme behaviour - because people abused it without any consideration of the effect it had on the rest of the server. Same reason the staff had to crack down on the 'House of Horrors', Pulse camping out 'Death bend', people using 10 striders against the police to troll and all the other extreme behaviours.

Hopefully, this has clarified my position a bit better than I did at the time. I have run afoul of such things before myself (and my groups), I certainly played the rebel often but sometimes you have to modify your behaviour so others can have a good time too. No one likes dying, being robbed, kidnapped etc but if that is all you ever have forced on you, it gets tedious and grows old quickly - then you stop playing. The staff have to moderate the entire player base as ultimately roleplaying is collaborative - so there is give and take on all sides. While that means everyone isn't perfectly happy, it limits any particular group from being worse off than any other and allows the community (and game mode) to function, so everyone meets on the middle ground.

Edited by Molotov