Thong

police helicopters are unrealistic and need to be nerfed

Police helicopters provide a game breaking advantage to police, if a suspect is fleeing, the helicopter is able to see players through buildings and underground tunnels some of these surfaces being over 6m thick. The police helicopters infrared camera feature was designed to spot the suspect using infrared rays to find a heat signature but this feature better simulates the use of x-ray more than infrared. I along with many others strongly believe that the infrared camera feature on the police helicopter should be nerfed, removed or used only outside the city because it isn"t balanced or realistic and simulates x-ray better than infrared.

• Like 1

This has been talked about before

Here is the link with some pretty good comments on it. I can see why people make this suggestion but it isn’t that hard to evade once you get on the train tracks

Edited by JohnCostello

thanks john it still doesn't explain how they should be allowed to see straight under bridges or straight through skyscrapers

Hi!

Unfortunately that's how GTA have built the vehicle, our only option would be to remove the feature completely.

I will raise this with our Management team to discuss further.

• Like 1

problem is you can't see the suspects in the normal camera mode because the people's clothes are like flying off them, would pretty much make polair useless it's so hard to see you have to be so low to have the civs textures load in. 

I agree something needs to change for both police and civs in terms of bank robberies.

its also hard to fly polair and dodge buildings whilst following the suspects in the camera.