XXXTNTCLZ

I NEED YOUR HELP - FiveM BROKEN

I write this post in need of urgent assistance. I am currently distraught and crying 24/7.

Yesterday, I opened FiveM and whenever I joined a server it said 'downloading content' forever.

So I tried to uninstall it to re-install it. I made a rookie error by trying to delete it individually. It was annoying to try and get rid of all the folders but eventually, I managed to get rid of it. 

Now when I try and reinstall it, I open the FiveM app and it runs the installer, It installs then says it need to update the cache then it says 'could not load citizengame.dll'. 
I really need help cus I can't find a way to make it work please help.

THERE ARE NO GOOD TUTORIALS ONLINE TO HELP ME!!!!

Here is what I HAVE tried:

1- Restarted my PC

2- Turning off security settings

3- Re-installing it multiple times

4- Putting in the citizengame.dll AFTER installing FiveM

5- My WINDOWS IS UP TO DATE

I had some issues with FiveM this week and they were solved by deleted the ‘CitizenFX’ folder somewhere in appdata. (not sure if it was roaming, local etc.) I can’t guarantee it’s a fix but with my problems I reinstalled FiveM and GTAV and it turned out to be this one folder ‘CitizenFX’ causing the problem.

Give it a try anyway. :)

Best of luck.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Wildfire said:

I had some issues with FiveM this week and they were solved by deleted the ‘CitizenFX’ folder somewhere in appdata. (not sure if it was roaming, local etc.) I can’t guarantee it’s a fix but with my problems I reinstalled FiveM and GTAV and it turned out to be this one folder ‘CitizenFX’ causing the problem.

Best of luck.

XXX, did this work for you?

24 minutes ago, Wildfire said:

Best of luck.

Wildfire - Unfortunately, your suggestions failed. Thank you for the help although I have taken one more step towards self-harm if I can't get this to run.

1 hour ago, J-Dub said:

XXX, did this work for you?

no :( - I even tried installing it on a new account, still didnt work :(

VERY SAD UPDATE - I have since tried re-installing GTA V. It too didnt work and now i cannot install GTA V. Unless anybody has an idea or can help me out, this is the end of Dequavis Cole, Deshaunte Oluweseyi JR, M4-15, Food-2-Go and the ONFOY GANG.

:(

onfroy gang smh.

thumb_jahcoiin-the-currency-of-the-futur

Edited by Wildfire
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, XXXTNTCLZ said:

I write this post in need of urgent assistance. I am currently distraught and crying 24/7.

Yesterday, I opened FiveM and whenever I joined a server it said 'downloading content' forever.

So I tried to uninstall it to re-install it. I made a rookie error by trying to delete it individually. It was annoying to try and get rid of all the folders but eventually, I managed to get rid of it. 

Now when I try and reinstall it, I open the FiveM app and it runs the installer, It installs then says it need to update the cache then it says 'could not load citizengame.dll'. 
I really need help cus I can't find a way to make it work please help.

THERE ARE NO GOOD TUTORIALS ONLINE TO HELP ME!!!!

Here is what I HAVE tried:

1- Restarted my PC

2- Turning off security settings

3- Re-installing it multiple times

4- Putting in the citizengame.dll AFTER installing FiveM

5- My WINDOWS IS UP TO DATE

are you available to talk with on discord.
I may have a solution for you.

First Step 1.

Backup Your Windows You Delete Any Registry Keys

Delete Registry Keys The first thing you should always do when you delete or edit something in the Windows Registry is making a backup of it. You can do this the following way:

• Click on the Start button in the left corner of your Windows screen
  • Type regedit in the command line(if you don't see the command line click on Run)
  • Click on File in the top toolbar in the Registry Editor window that pops up and select Export
  • Now save a backup file of the Windows Registry to your harddisk , ie: Desktop Folder(call it BackUpRegKeys)

Step 2.

How To Delete Registry Keys

• Follow the first 2 steps of "Making a Backup Of Windows Registry Before Deleting"
  • Click on HKEY_CURRENT_USER to delete registry keys for your own Windows user account
  • Click on HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE for deleting registry keys which affect all users on your computer
  • Click on the Software folder to delete registry keys for programs
  • Find the program(s) you want to delete the registry keys for
  • Right-click on the folder of the program you want to remove the registry for and click Delete
  • If you want to delete specific registry keys of a program, click on the folder of the program, right click on the specific registry key and click Delete
  • Close the Registry Editor and restart your PC to see the changes take effect

Step 3.

Finally - do the following.

• Write in the search box the following: “%appdata%” .
  • After the search is finished left click or tap on the folder that the search feature found.
  • If it takes you to the following path: “C:\Users\The user that you are logged in with\AppData\Roaming”.
  • It means that your folders are still there but they are hidden.
  • Click on “View”.
  • Check the box “Hidden items”

Step 4.
Ok i lied there is another step :)

• After the search is finished left click or tap on the folder that the search feature found.
  • open up %Appdata% and find your fivem folder.
  • Delete the entire folder

NOW YOU CAN REINSTALL FIVE M.

Since the registry key has been removed.
    And the core files are gone.
    You should be ok.

20 hours ago, STALKER said:

First Step 1.

Backup Your Windows You Delete Any Registry Keys

Delete Registry Keys The first thing you should always do when you delete or edit something in the Windows Registry is making a backup of it. You can do this the following way:

• Click on the Start button in the left corner of your Windows screen
  • Type regedit in the command line(if you don't see the command line click on Run)
  • Click on File in the top toolbar in the Registry Editor window that pops up and select Export
  • Now save a backup file of the Windows Registry to your harddisk , ie: Desktop Folder(call it BackUpRegKeys)

Step 2.

How To Delete Registry Keys

• Follow the first 2 steps of "Making a Backup Of Windows Registry Before Deleting"
  • Click on HKEY_CURRENT_USER to delete registry keys for your own Windows user account
  • Click on HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE for deleting registry keys which affect all users on your computer
  • Click on the Software folder to delete registry keys for programs
  • Find the program(s) you want to delete the registry keys for
  • Right-click on the folder of the program you want to remove the registry for and click Delete
  • If you want to delete specific registry keys of a program, click on the folder of the program, right click on the specific registry key and click Delete
  • Close the Registry Editor and restart your PC to see the changes take effect

Step 3.

Finally - do the following.

• If it takes you to the following path: “C:\Users\The user that you are logged in with\AppData\Roaming”.
  • It means that your folders are still there but they are hidden.
  • Click on “View”.
  • Check the box “Hidden items”

Step 4.
Ok i lied there is another step :)

• open up %Appdata% and find your fivem folder.
  • Delete the entire folder

NOW YOU CAN REINSTALL FIVE M.

Since the registry key has been removed.
    And the core files are gone.
    You should be ok.

Thanks for the help! I have not completed the install yet, although so far, FiveM has installed and is asking where GTAV is located - this means its running correctly so far. I'll let you know if anything fails from here. Your an absolute legend mate and if you ever need anything - call Dequavis cole or Deshaunte Oluweseyi JR.

The original "downloading content" screen you had can usually come down to the user trying to join an already full server and FiveM/the server not telling you it's full. Recently FiveM hasn't been displaying correct player numbers in servers.

Odd question, made sure that Steam is active in the background on the desktop and RockStar social account is signed in properly? Also run FiveM as administrator.

All the best

- Cube

• Like 1

11 hours ago, XXXTNTCLZ said:

Thanks for the help! I have not completed the install yet, although so far, FiveM has installed and is asking where GTAV is located - this means its running correctly so far. I'll let you know if anything fails from here. Your an absolute legend mate and if you ever need anything - call Dequavis cole or Deshaunte Oluweseyi JR.

Glad to help mate.

Serbastin Taxarion  , CEO of Acquisitions Incorporated , Senior Partner for PIER 400  ingame.

Feel free to drop by Monday for our Dry open mate.

VERY VERY SAD UPDATE. AFTER EVERYTING SEEMED FINE, MY GAME STILL SAYS COULD NOT LOAD CITIZEN GAME.DLL - BIG SAD

Oml... this is actually a rollercoaster of emotions fbm :(

I had the same problem, the only way it worked for me is to re-install windows. 

5 hours ago, justin said:

I had the same problem, the only way it worked for me is to re-install windows. 

Holy mackerel

I can confirm I am back in FIveM

Everyone say "Hi Reginald"