Zaydan

FiveM Police Commissioner 2019 - Final Election

OzzyGaming FiveM Police Commissioner Election 2019  

116 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
The results of this poll are hidden.

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 02/09/19 at 10:00 AM

G'day Gamers,

I present to you our Final Election for our FiveM Police Commissioner 2019.

I would again like to thank all 8 candidates from the preliminary vote as the community cut this list down to just 3. There were a lot of surprises from that vote and there was plenty of support for all candidates. Again, we encourage all these members to strive to get into senior police positions so that their popular opinions and ideas can have a larger voice.

The result of this election will be final and the winner will be promoted immediately to the rank of Police Commissioner. Ideally, we would like to see a majority vote (>50%) for a particular candidate, but this may not be possible with 3 options. Therefore, the candidate with the greatest number of votes will be deemed the winner, regardless of whether they attain the absolute majority. 

Rules of this election: 
- This vote will be open for approximately 24 hours and close at 21:00 09/02/2019 AEDT.
- All members of the community, including candidates, are permitted to vote.
- Members are able to vote for only 1 person. Attempts to damage the integrity of the vote, including multiple forum accounts will be monitored and punished.
- Voting results are hidden during the election to protect its integrity. For transparency, final results will be published post-election.
- Candidates are permitted to drop out at any time and all cast votes for that candidate will be void.
- Votes are non-preferential or transferable. Only raw votes per candidate count towards the final result.
- Server Management reserves the right to deem any candidate ineligible for the election at any time and all cast votes for that candidate will be void.
- The candidate with the highest number of votes at the end of the election will be deemed the winner and be immediately assigned the rank of Police Commissioner.
- In the unlikely event of a tie, server management will consult with all candidates to find a resolution.

Guidelines for the prospective new Commissioner:
- All candidates have been briefed on the expectations of server management regarding the role.
- Generally, there will be limitations on making large sweeping changes to the current structure, people and protocol within the police in the short term.
- Adjustments to the structure and small changes to the ranking of the police leadership team will be permitted with some oversight from server management.
- Decisions within the police currently are and will remain a democratic process between senior members. The Police Commissioner is not a 'dictator' role and is much more of a figurehead with a slightly larger say in decisions. Ultimately the role of Commissioner is about having one accountable person for the conduct and operation of the entire police force.
- Server Management will generally limit their involvement with police matters and leave it for their administration team to handle. However, we may investigate/intervene based on community complaints and/or sizeable changes in game direction.

List of candidates:
Below are names of the 3 candidates in this final election. I had asked each of them to provide a Bio/Statement, which is listed below their name and may be used by community members to assist their choice of commissioner.

Explorer

I've risen through the ranks like everyone else, starting as a cadet back in the day. I've been through tough situations and come out alive with many successful operations under my belts. I've lead SRT as a team leader and Commander. I've monitored and maintained the police force as a police administrator alongside all of my police admin colleagues and now lead the entire police force as a cabinet member alongside Officers; Parj, Doge, Mitty and White. I feel I have the experience and leadership qualities along with the knowledge of how the police force here works to be a strong and understanding leader whose ideals and morals align perfectly with the rest of the dedicated officers of this department.

Policies: New changes are coming to the PD in the near future, including a dedicated patrol in the regional areas of San Andreas such as the Los Santos and Blaine Counties. Changes such as this have been in the works for a while now with Cabinet and myself, so let's make it happen and keep the good times rolling for the PD.

exploreerforcomm.png?width=1176&height=6

JJFromTheWest

Greetings Everyone!

I am James West and I am JJ..From..The..West.
I am commonly known around the Island as “Detective Mr West”.

In this text I will be once again in summary be speaking a bit about myself and my history here and then I will move on to explaining why you should vote for me as Police Commissioner.

About Me

I have been here with the OzzyGaming Community ever since the ‘old’ Arma 3 Roleplay days, which has now been for around 4 years. Most of my time here of around 4 years I have spent as a Police Officer both in Arma 3 and in FiveM. During this time up until present I have dedicated thousands of hours here at OzzyGaming both ‘ingame’, doing the ‘behind the scene’ administrative work for the Police Force, talking with people to further improve the Police Force & Community and just things like thinking of ideas on how to improve the Police Department. During all of this I have gained lots of experience as a I have over the years moved up from the very bottom of student to the top position of Police Commissioner and I have gained lots knowledge about the Community and the Police Force as a whole. In recent times here at FiveM I am relatively active and around the island and I have worked my way again into the Police Administration and as a Police Detective and the Coordinator of Professional Standards Command (PSC, deals with police reports and punishments). Around the Island I usually try my best to work cooperative with my fellow Officers and our Citizens and Businesses. Furthermore, with all of this knowledge and ideas I have obtained I plan on continuing to dedicate my time to further improve the Police Force and I believe I can do this best with the position of Police Commissioner and with the support of my fellow Police Officers and Community members.

If I was elected as the Police Commissioner

If I was voted in and given the honour of becoming the Police Commissioner, these are some of the changes and things in summary that I would like to put into action. As the Police Commissioner I would work very closely as I have been with my fellow Police Officers, Community Members and Community Management. I greatly understand that everyone has their own thoughts and opinions and I would make sure to collect and try and implement these ideas and inputs so that we all can contribute to the Police Force. We are all one one big team as both a Community and a Police Force, and we all share our own thoughts and ideas for the Police Force and these will be looked into.

Now, moving onto some of the changes within the Police Force that I would like to do in summary as the Police Commissioner. For these changes and the further improve of the Police Force and I do these with the assistance of my fellow Police Cabinet & Administration members, along with our Police Officers and the Community as a whole. My first main thing that I would want to further improve in the Police Force would be its structure as a whole making it more ‘organised’ and ‘structured’ especially for our Police Cabinet, Administration, Departments, Trainings, Reports & Punishments and Police Rank Promotions. Along with these things I would also look into adding more roles and positions in the Police Force with meaning and responsibilities for our Police Officers. Additionally I would further look into adding more vehicles for Departments, and updating Police things like our uniforms, maybe weaponry, and whatever else the Police Department needs. Moreover I definitely plan on improving more ‘general’ things whilst on patrols such as our Professionalism, Procedures & Performance and our Role Playing abilities.

I very much believe roleplay is In important part so this will be very much further emphasised on. I would do this through both having more trainings available and by making our ‘higher ranks’ more onboard with these things. Furthermore I will try the best that we can to further improve and become more involved with our Public Relations and interactions with our Officers, EMS, Citizens, Businesses and the Community as a whole! I very much love our Community here and I look forward to making more positive experiences, relations and interactions with everyone and with our businesses. I definitely plan on making sure that Police are more involved with Businesses whether it be helping when needed, being involved in events or even just every so often checking in on the businesses to make sure everything is ok. Along with businesses I definitely plan on working more closely with the EMS Department and their Administration so that the PD and EMS can have better relations and team work together.

As always I am welcoming any questions, concerns, ideas or suggestions. Please feel free to contact myself either on Discord, Teamspeak or in the Island.

Let’s all continue to work together and further make the Police Force and the Community a greater place and experience for everyone. Both for our Emergency Services, and our Citizens.

“Together we can all make the Police Force and the Community a better place..”

All support and votes are greatly appreciated! 
Thank you for reading. If you like what you are hearing, please spread the word and vote 1.

Regards, 
Police Officer Mr West.    ; )

Ralph

Good Afternoon boys and girls, My Name is Officer Ralph and I'm here to run for Commissioner. My life long dream has to join the Police Department and I’ve exceeded that dream, one step at a time. When I was a child, my father was a part of the Police Department and would always tell me stories about his day (obviously not gruesome stories) It inspired me to one day, be like my father and become a Police Officer. Once I finished school, I went on my way to start the academy. After spending around 2-3 obtaining all of my accreditations and passing the academy. I had officially become a Police Officer. My life was complete at this point. 

Throughout my years in the Police Department, I’ve managed to climb the ranks up to Superintendent. This was an amazing opportunity given to me and I made sure it wasn’t going to waste. Throughout my time here, I have loved all the commissioners that have come and gone and I respect them to all my heart contents but I believe there does need to be a figurehead. An individual who can keep the peace and also keep up with the force that they run. This is why I believe I should be elected. I love the community and I have a fairly good connection with many of the individuals in the community. I love keeping my community safe and going the extra yard to further improve the community and I also love the workload that is needed to keep this great community. 

I believe my attributes towards the Police Department at this point can help me make the Police Department better but also make the community respect us more.

Have a safe and lovely afternoon.

Kind Regards
Ralph

0604f6a9f7fc2df994d900c4b6b596f6.png

Thank you again to all that have applied and good luck to all candidates. We look forward to a new and refreshed era of police leadership.
Feel free to discuss your support in the comments and candidates are welcome to update their 'election campaigns'.

A reminder that 'Smear campaigns' and general negativity/hate towards any candidate is not acceptable.

Kind Regards,
Zaydan

• Like 2

Back to VICPOL we goooo 

• Haha 1

"#JJWestForPoliceCommissioner!"   

"Together we all can make both the Police Force and the Community batter place."   : )

Detective Mr West2.PNG

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Good luck to the 3 of you ive voted and may the best man win and if you do win congrats from me and i look forward to working with you.

• Like 1

#RalphForCommisoner but Gl to everyone else <3 I look forward to probably getting pulled over by you 

Good luck to all candidates, all 3 boys are very suitable for Commissioner, may the best man win, good luck boys!

• Like 1

Good luck fellas

• Like 1

Good luck to all of the candidates! I will be submitting my vote a little later when I have had a longer think about who I would like in the position. I think you would all agree that winning the election will be the easiest part about being the Police Commissioner and trust you will do the other candidates and the PD proud.

Good job to you all for getting this far and let it be a staple of your good work within the PD.

• Like 1

Hello there,

in case people missed my last post in the preliminary vote forum thread, here are my goals for the police force if elected as Police Commissioner:

Cabinet and I have been working hard as always to monitor and maintain the police force while also looking to introduce new things for you all to enjoy and to keep things fresh! Once this election and I am elected commissioner (hopefully), work will continue to implement the new Regional/Country patrol which will see a greater police presence north of Route 68 in Blaine County. This will allow for the citizens of Sandy Shores, Grapeseed, Paleto Bay and the surrounding areas to feel safer under the watchful eye of the resourceful and independent officers of the Regional sub-division of General Duties.

Another change which will be evident soon will be the changes in training of officers when it comes to interaction between police and the fellow citizens of San Andreas. It has become apparent through PSC (Professional Standards Command) that far too many unnecessary confrontations between citizens and police have occurred. Cabinet, Police Administration and I as a team look to improve the training of new recruits so that they're more prepared for the different scenarios they may face while on duty. The training will also be improved in terms of efficiency so that training is less time consuming and less taxing on police resources.

Thanks for taking the time to read and consider me, and also good luck to JJ and Ralph in this election!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Regarding Exploreer's comment.

I think it would be extremely beneficial to have some training/expectation regarding Police interaction and moulding officers to have a healthy and productive attitude. I feel too often that situations can be defused just based on having an appropriate and non-volatile attitude. It feels as though many officers have obtained an "IDGAF" attitude either through misrepresentation in media or the need to feel powerful - you'll find that this is rarely the case with most real police officers as it just makes their own job that much harder.

Very interesting and I would like to see how this will have an effect on the PD!

Congratulations to Police Commissioner Elect @JJFromTheWest

Thank you to all of those who attended the press conference. RIP to our fallen.

58a1ce9f66.png

• Like 1

Congrats mate, i've heard from your co-workers you're a pretty good guy and from what i've seen myself I know more than enough that you can indeed make the police force great again!!

source.gif

• Like 3

Congratulations to Mr West for winning the election! I look forward to working with you in the future.

Kind Regards,

Cabinet Phelps

• Like 4

Mr West won't let us down :)

.... hopefully

• Like 1