Zaydan

Police Commissioner - Preliminary Vote

Preliminary Police Commissioner Vote  

131 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
The results of this poll are hidden.

5 minutes ago, A Disappointment said:

he's been mostly unmentioned, I wouldn't mind if he won but i'm still supporting mek.

My suggestion, read all of their applications. Some of them are really detailed and explain how they could really make a difference. The others, well...

I read all the applications 22 hours ago when the post was made. It didn't take long...

16 minutes ago, Shams747 said:

And the 3 candidates are......

Pinky won by a landslide with 90% of votes so there is no need for another vote.

Gratz

nah but who are the final 3

image.thumb.png.ec456f3e3f4eb2a0849fa85ca5f49439.png

FINAL RESULTS AS ABOVE.

Final Election will be held tomorrow and will be between the top 3 candidates:

Exploreer
JJFromTheWest
Ralph

Further details to come.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Hey we should vote for Explorer, he seems like a cool dude. That and he hasn't had anyone mention him at all during this whole poll unlike the other two candidates which have been soaking up all of the attention.

Edit: my vote is going to Explorer when the polling opens, he has shown us that he has many leaderships qualities the other candidates have not shown and I can really respect that.

Edited by A Disappointment
Making Fabulous

5 minutes ago, A Disappointment said:

Hey we should vote for Explorer, he seems like a cool dude. That and he hasn't had anyone mention him at all during this whole poll unlike the other two candidates which have been soaking up all of the attention.

nope. vote for ralph

Vote for whoever you want.

• Like 2

Hello all,

Thank you for showing your support to my position as police commissioner of the New South Wales Police Force. Please be assured that your vote has gone towards ensuring the awesome new changes for the police will be coming in the near future for all officers to enjoy! Cabinet and I have been working hard as always to monitor and maintain the police force while also looking to introduce new things for you all to enjoy and to keep things fresh! Once this election and I am elected commissioner (hopefully), work will continue to implement the new Regional/Country patrol which will see a greater police presence north of Route 68 in Blaine County. This will allow for the citizens of Sandy Shores, Grapeseed, Paleto Bay and the surrounding areas to feel safer under the watchful eye of the resourceful and independent officers of the Regional sub-division of General Duties.

Another change which will be evident soon will be the changes in training of officers when it comes to interaction between police and the fellow citizens of San Andreas. It has become apparent through PSC (Professional Standards Command) that far too many unnecessary confrontations between citizens and police have occurred. Cabinet, Police Administration as a team look to improve the training of new recruits so that they're more prepared for the different scenarios they may face while on duty. The training will also be improved in terms of efficiency so that training is less time consuming and less taxing on police resources.

Anyway, for those who don't fully know me, I'm Nick Phelps and I'm currently a Cabinet Member of the New South Wales Police Force. I've been in the force for a long time now and learnt a lot of valuable lessons along the way which I intend to employ when making decisions as a commissioner. I feel like I have also gained the respect of all police officers which are under my command and i trust them which my life as we are one as brothers in blue. I joined just like everyone else, right at the bottom as a cadet (now known as a Probationary Constable). I steadily rose through the constable ranks before being given the opportunity to take on more leadership and become a Sergeant. Of course I could not do this alone and people such as officers; Ralph, Parj and Doge among many others are people I'd like to thank for helping me learn and improve as a police officer.

At that point in time Cabinet had worked their butts off to introduce the departments that we're involved in today. I wanted to prove to myself and my colleagues that I could strive to be the best of the best within the police force, so I applied for SRT. I was accepted and put under command of Cabinet Member Mitty King. Mitty and I were able to work together very well, foiling various bank robberies and other crimes of a more serious nature. I was then promoted to team leader so that I could lead SRT teams when the commander wasn't on duty. We conducted various training and became a well oiled machine of fierce justice against those who sought to destabilise this community. We went on patrols in an effort to deter disorderly civilians from considering committing serious crimes in the city. At the same time I was also promoted to the rank of Inspector and granted access into police administration. I loved and still love every bit of administration as I'm able to make more of an impact within the police force including dealing with police matters and resolving issues so that the departments continue to run smoothly.

After some time I was then promoted to Chief Inspector and also offered the position of SRT Commander. At this point in time I continued to monitor and lead SRT will investigating reports and disciplining officers who were doing the wrong thing. I worked closely with Superintendent Kavala (now a CSI) to update the training program that new recruits had to complete before being allowed to go on duty. It was quite successful with achieving the aim of making training less time and resource consuming.

Eventually I was offered a difficult choice that I'd have to make when offered to me, accept the position in Cabinet and give up my rank as SRT commander, or refuse my cabinet position. It was a hard to let go of SRT but I felt like cabinet was right for me as I felt the lessons on leadership that I learnt from leading SRT could be better utilised in cabinet. Since being accepted into cabinet, I've had a better understanding of how the police force works and have made plans along side cabinet to improve things in the police.

The take home point here is; I have the experience and leadership qualities along with the knowledge of how the police force here works to be a strong and understanding leader whose ideals and morals align perfectly with the rest of the dedicated officers of this department.

- Cabinet Member Phelps (Exploreer)

• Like 3

People aren't lemmings - they won't vote for someone because you tell them to. If you actually endorse someone then try and highlight what makes them good; give us a reason to vote for them. Also don't tell people to not vote for someone because that just makes you look like an Opfer and doesn't work in your favour.

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, J-Dub said:

People aren't lemmings - they won't vote for someone because you tell them to. If you actually endorse someone then try and highlight what makes them good; give us a reason to vote for them. Also don't tell people to not vote for someone because that just makes you look like an Opfer and doesn't work in your favour.

I think what i'm doing like last time is voicing my opinion on who I want to vote for and just sitting back and watching what happens next. All the candidates are good don't get me wrong but you gotta choose someone at some point.

I really like these really intellectual conversations we get up to on here.

Regarding Exploreer's comment.

A good read. I had no doubt that you had ideas regarding what you would want to implement in the PD, as do the other two candidates. If I am being perfectly candid, of the three candidates up for selection I feel most confident that you have the right attitude and qualities for the job. Like I said before, anyone can suggest ideas, that is not what a leader is there for. A leader needs certain characteristic elements which oftentimes cannot be taught but rather are intrinsic in nature.

From my limited interaction with the three candidates, I feel you have remained the most level-headed and impartial in decision-making processes. I hope you are able to make the tough decisions, and do what is right - not what is popular. If you do that, you will be very fit for role.

That being said, I have not made my decision just yet, and I am ready to be persuaded.