Hey guys!

Some of you from a long time ago may know me as Walter, from a time where OzzyGaming had the Mighty Altis Life as the main gametype. After feeling a sense of nostalgia, I got in contact with some of my old buddies and we all agreed that we would like the gamemode to come back.

If you think this would be a good idea, comment on this topic thread your support and what ideas you would have to help bring it back to the old glory days, and if we get enough support I will create a change.org petition to hand in if we get enough signatures.

Have a good day and stay safe, look forward to seeing some of you guys around in the community!.
Walter

• Like 2

@Walter A charming idea, nostalgia is what fueled the last two attempts. Nostalgia lasts for a week and runs out.

So a couple of things from me:

1. I am not against an AL server but don't believe it will succeed - and that is just a waste of time
  2. We have no staff, and I wouldn't accept the old staff back - they had their 10 chances to prove themselves and they let it die without batting an eyelash until I started removing tags
  3. We would need a handful of solid developers to provide something not available from our competition
  4. We would need enough people wanting to play, AL is too large for anything less than 30 or so players to sustain itself.
  5. I doubt there is even a market large enough to entice more players, I doubt anyone would leave Straya or any surviving servers to start fresh on Ozzy again
  6. ARMA 4 AL is more plausible than any ARMA 3 AL working.

But it is all a nice thought.

1 hour ago, Molotov said:

@Walter A charming idea, nostalgia is what fueled the last two attempts. Nostalgia lasts for a week and runs out.

1. I am not against an AL server but don't believe it will succeed - and that is just a waste of time
  2. We have no staff, and I wouldn't accept the old staff back - they had their 10 chances to prove themselves and they let it die without batting an eyelash until I started removing tags
  3. We would need a handful of solid developers to provide something not available from our competition
  4. We would need enough people wanting to play, AL is too large for anything less than 30 or so players to sustain itself.
  5. I doubt there is even a market large enough to entice more players, I doubt anyone would leave Straya or any surviving servers to start fresh on Ozzy again

+1

Arma 3 is entering EOL.
It's time to look to the future, rather then the past.

43 minutes ago, John Smith said:

Arma 3 is entering EOL.

On 06/02/2019 at 6:20 PM, Molotov said:

^^ +1

On 2/6/2019 at 3:04 PM, Walter said:

Hey guys!

Some of you from a long time ago may know me as Walter, from a time where OzzyGaming had the Mighty Altis Life as the main gametype. After feeling a sense of nostalgia, I got in contact with some of my old buddies and we all agreed that we would like the gamemode to come back.

If you think this would be a good idea, comment on this topic thread your support and what ideas you would have to help bring it back to the old glory days, and if we get enough support I will create a change.org petition to hand in if we get enough signatures.

Have a good day and stay safe, look forward to seeing some of you guys around in the community!.
Walter

Honestly this would be amazing!

12 hours ago, John Smith said:

Arma 3 is entering EOL.

Yeah but they keep claiming that ARMA 4 is years away (only just starting work on it) which means a whole lot of waiting - and they keep talking about new significant patches. I wouldn't be surprised if they tried some more DLC's tbh

On 2/8/2019 at 9:18 AM, Molotov said:

Yeah but they keep claiming that ARMA 4 is years away (only just starting work on it) which means a whole lot of waiting - and they keep talking about new significant patches. I wouldn't be surprised if they tried some more DLC's tbh

From what I've heard one more official DLC is in the works to be released sometime early this year and then 3rd party paid DLC will be released to support the game until they announce the next title.