Elf

How to join and play on server...

Hello Everyone!

I am new to this community and I just want to the process in place to start playing on the severs... I have always been into LSPDFR and roleplay in general and I am wanting to get into some of the multiplayer stuff now. I have downloaded fiveM and I can see the server on there, be it keeps on coming up with an error when I try to join.

Thanks for the help!

Your friendly neighbourhood Elf!

Hi Man

I can now connect but it gets stuck on the message below and it will not download past that...

Downloading fivem-map-hipster (37 of 182 - 0.00/0.01 MiB)

Thanks!

G'day mate.

I would suggest clearing your cache and letting us know how you go.
Normally that is the fix for Five M at this time.

Regards Mitty.

Posted (edited)
13 minutes ago, Elf said:

Hi Man

I can now connect but it gets stuck on the message below and it will not download past that...

Downloading fivem-map-hipster (37 of 182 - 0.00/0.01 MiB)

Thanks!

First of all make sure you have allowed fiveM/GTA through your firewall/anti virus. Some times FiveM doesn't install right and needs an entire new install after deleting everything including the appdata files, but try clearing  the cache first I'll post the instructions I got off google. IF it doesn't work delete everything after you open fiveM exe location after that finish of by  deleteing  fiveM.exe on desktop and reinstall (worse case scenario if nothing else works nothing really to worry since its easy to install anyway lol  )  

1. Step 1 Locate your FiveM Directory. right Click your FiveM Desktop Icon and Select "Open File Location"
  2. Open FiveM Appliaction Data folder.
  3. Open Cache folder. \
  4. Delete all files in the Cache Folder EXCEPT FOR THE Folder called "GAME" 
Edited by joe

Clearing the cache made no difference what so ever, I have tried re-installing FiveM completely and that still didnt work...

Posted (edited)
14 minutes ago, Elf said:

Clearing the cache made no difference what so ever, I have tried re-installing FiveM completely and that still didnt work...

are you able to join any other server that has addon's (any custom server) i know fiveM was having issue's yesterday with not being able to connect to servers etc... something else is obviously happening but just need to find out if its this server only or fiveM in general..

Edit i just tested to see if i could re download all the addon's again and had no issue's.. hmm

Edited by joe

Posted (edited)

6 hours ago, Elf said:

Hello Everyone!

I am new to this community and I just want to the process in place to start playing on the severs... I have always been into LSPDFR and roleplay in general and I am wanting to get into some of the multiplayer stuff now. I have downloaded fiveM and I can see the server on there, be it keeps on coming up with an error when I try to join.

Thanks for the help!

Your friendly neighbourhood Elf!

actually one of my mates has the same error as you, so it could be a server issue or a fiveM issue unsure atm..
try joining server 2 and see if that makes it any better..

Edited by joe

I have tried joining both servers and it still stops on the same thing...

46 minutes ago, Elf said:

I have tried joining both servers and it still stops on the same thing...

my mate was able to finally join today so i guess you tried again ?

there are a couple other people with the same issue atm unsure how to fix it