Molotov

OzzyGaming Informational Update

Greetings OzzyGamers,

Time for another general update from the Executive Team.

Tell us the numbers Molotov! We're nerds too!

Earlier this week we surpassed 1,000 Discord members and with nearly 1,800 forum members we are growing quickly (Approx. 20% increase in just a month). This does mean that Discord no longer shows the offline members on the right-hand panel (if you were wondering why it seemed to change). We have also reached over 8,600 unique FiveM accounts and Squad has seen a little over 4,500 unique players in the last 3 months (our data only goes back 3 months, the Squad server has been up for 4 months) - Squad is a fantastic game so I would recommend it to everyone, except those who are permabanned, we have ported most of those over. Life's tough for the permanently banned...

What about funding???

In terms of funding, your very generous donations keep the servers online and we have enough money pay half of next month (November, I swear it was just June a little while ago :o ). This is a reasonable distance from the maximum 'buffer' we agreed with the FiveM collective (Which allowed us to collect up to 3 months in advance to ensure the server keeps being paid).

We do this for you lot, I know, we are sentimental like that... (Some of you more than others...)

We greatly appreciate all your support, laughs, roleplay and banter. A special thank you to the Staff teams for our servers that work tirelessly on their own time to help make everyone's time enjoyable on the server and resolve the endless stream of issues that arise. We appreciate that with School holidays on recently (and in some places still going) we have seen an influx of players at times when most of our team are at work so we appreciate everyone's patience and understanding.

Does staff sound like a bit of you?

We have a group of people being considered for staff as we speak but you are still more than welcome to throw your hat into the ring; if you are mature, familiar with the rules and good working with people then we want to hear from you! Check the 'Forms' at the top to apply. I am still looking for more exceptional Squad staff members to assist me with seeding the server every night - and prove they can dominate as a Squad Leader too!

What about the future?

We continue to look to the future with new games and servers to add to our gaming offering to our (mostly) delightful community - you people. If you would like to see a certain server offered here at OzzyGaming then I invite you to make a suggestion on the forums and we will look into it. It could be for an entirely new game or an old one, or even a service we used to offer that you believe a new spin would be awesome.

New games or just suggestions in general, drop them all in here for consideration - OzzyGaming Suggestions

FiveM Update?!

@Boss and @Caldweld continue to beaver away on the next update with help from @Ryan King, @Zaydan and @MrMagic. We are keeping our cards close on this one as we don't wish to get anyone's hopes up too much and the release date is still not clear. So watch this space and we will keep you all updated as we know more for certain - from what I have seen, it looks great.

If you are interested in assisting in the development, apply to join our staff team and we will discuss it further once we get to know you a bit better. Our developers hold an extreme level of trust and we don't just add anyone to the project - we have been burnt several times before so you'll have to forgive our guarded approach. Our developers would need to be committed, able to demonstrate their skills and demonstrate that they are able to take initiative and self-teach without requiring too much handholding.

Reminders

Just a couple from me this time. If you have an issue in-game, we understand your frustration but please go to Teamspeak or lodge a ticket for assistance rather than spamming aggressively in Discord. If you are submitting a ticket regarding a vehicle please remember to provide the number plate to expedite the process significantly - you make life easy for us and we will resolve your issue faster, then everyone is happy. Discord is excellent for getting the attention of relevant people but is not the place for resolving issues.

If you have an issue with a Staff member, please submit a ticket (selecting 'Report a Team Member') these are only visible to the Management team (Executives and Managers) - we take these issues very seriously as it directly impacts the reputation of the server and staff team. Just remember that we don't remove staff member for minor infractions like calling someone a name when frustrated... just like normal helpdesk, complaint punishments match the severity of the infraction - factoring in the position of trust and authority that staff are in, thus held to a higher standard. However, do not mouth off and pick a fight with the staff member in public channels - this makes you look like the problem and will result in swift action taken against you. Our staff are empowered to preserve the integrity of the server and the enjoyment of all - this includes removing recurring problematic players from the server.

Just another reminder that our staff are all volunteers, including the Executive Team. This does not mean that 'anything goes' for staff (Staff are bound by staff rules in addition to normal server rules) but this does mean some measure of respect and politeness should be extended to our team. People who just gratuitously abuse and insult our staff for doing their duties will not be tolerated.

Once again, a big thank you from the Executive team. You should see most of us in-game and around (Unless we are hiding under aliases to avoid being bothered ;) )

Regards,
Molotov
On behalf of the Executive Team.

• Like 8

Love it! Can't wait to see what else the future holds for OzzyGaming!

• Like 1

Not Suprised at all, the servers amazing.

Good work everyone, Keep up the good work.

• Like 1

Lets hope the update fixes that Licence Plate Glitch. I wanna start buying cars again without worrying about losing them. (Ik u can change plate as donator, but Im a poor boi) Also looking forward to that 64 player lobby, its gonna be mayhem for sure XD.

Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, SteamAusJack said:

Lets hope the update fixes that Licence Plate Glitch. I wanna start buying cars again without worrying about losing them. (Ik u can change plate as donator, but Im a poor boi) Also looking forward to that 64 player lobby, its gonna be mayhem for sure XD.

unfortantly its only a protoype 64 players atm it has lots of work needing to be done befor we actually see a stable lag somewhat free 64 player server's but just thinking about 64 players sounds insane for 10 cops lmao considering yesterday i was the only cop on and there were 31 civ's i was out numbered 31 to 1 lol 62 civs vs 2 cops sounds great... im sure we can respond to every call eventually lmao..  

considering i notice a bunch of skips and lag spikes on 32 players i wonder how 64 would even handle without more major skips and server FPS issues but i guess that's to the people over at  fiveM Dev  team to work out.. i look forward to the future...  

Edited by joe

Posted (edited)

Holy Shit Molotov used the Forum, he had to put in a Squad Reference but hey.....

Keep up the good work Guy's  - Required 4x meme's

Image result for good work meme Image result for good work meme Image result for good work meme Image result for good work meme

Edited by Bendacat
Added Awesomeness